T-Mobile US 4.0.4 update out now!

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Installing it as I type...

Installed! Let's see if there is any improvement in maintaining connectivity (really my only concern with this phone).

The notes:

Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 2.35.531.7 710RD - Current version (NOTE: Must be a T-Mobile Typo - it DOES read 4.0.4 under my software version.)
Updated 9/26/2012
Improvements
Helps with data connection delay
Helps with signal fluctuations
Helps with Wi-Fi dropping connection or not connecting
Helps with Wi-Fi stays connected when out of range
Helps with device crashes or restarts
Helps with email links do not open
Helps with loading screens or lag when returning to home screen
Helps with streaming music skips
Improved Wi-Fi stability
User interface improvements
Improvements to Bluetooth connectivity
Prerequisites
OTA update
Device is running Android version 4.0.3 / Software version 1.53.531.76 710RD or 1.84.531.2 710RD
Device software is not rooted
More than 50% battery life
Data connection
140 MB available memory (File size of update is 140 MB)

Last edited:

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
One thing I'm noticing - where are the Quick Settings in the pull-down? Thought that was an improvement in Sense 4.1, or is there something I have to enable somewhere. It's the same as always there.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
nice.. will be able to check it out in a few days when someone has a rooted rom! hopefully this will helps the devs with signal issues too!

However, this really puts a damper on teh hopes that we would see Jelly bean in Oct with the One X!!! :(

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
BTW, it does let you remap the Multitasking button to be a Menu button and get rid of the ugly black bar across the bottom of the screen! Just go to Settings--->Display, gestures & buttons--->Recent apps button That by itself makes this update so worth it. ;)

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad to say I have the update. Need some time with it before I can say how it's working, but I'll report back.

Any word on getting the Quick Settings on the drop down menu?

I still have the Quick Settings there. Wonder where yours went?

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad to say I have the update. Need some time with it before I can say how it's working, but I'll report back.

I still have the Quick Settings there. Wonder where yours went?

How do you *still* have quick settings in the pull down? It wasn't there originally. I have a Settings button in the dropdown, but not quick settings - that's a line of toggle buttons, like the Power control widget that you can add to one of your screens, except this is in the Notifications pull down.

tsteed

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is rooted too, I thought it would re-lock the boot loader if you use the OTA. Can you check and make sure it's still unlocked & rooted? If so I'll use the OTA instead of waiting for the rooted version .

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't this update supposed to remove the black bar from the bottom of the screen on a app and move the options to the top?

It does remove the black bar, if you go into your settings and re-map the Recent Apps key to be the Menu key. Then the Menu options come up when you hit the key.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
How do you *still* have quick settings in the pull down? It wasn't there originally. I have a Settings button in the dropdown, but not quick settings - that's a line of toggle buttons, like the Power control widget that you can add to one of your screens, except this is in the Notifications pull down.

I'm sooo sorry. I got all excited and misunderstood the issue. :eek:

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It's promising so far re: improvement in holding/re-establishing a signal... I usually drop signal at some point in my commute, but tonight it was rock solid.

nef584

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I just downloaded and installed the update. Seems smoother but Recent Apps/Menu option does not work as stated. It only displays Recent Apps, no menu at all. Also, where is the quick settings in the dropdown status bar? I will keep testing and will advise of any other issue.

nef584

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I just downloaded and installed the update. I see the option to remap the recent apps button but it does nothing. Also, where is the quick settings in the dropdown?

So far it seems alot smoother and signal seems better. Will update after I use it some more.

Sorry for the dual post...

Last edited:

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I just downloaded and installed the update. I see the option to remap the recent apps button but it does nothing. Also, where is the quick settings in the dropdown?

So far it seems alot smoother and signal seems better. Will update after I use it some more.

Sorry for the dual post...

It works great for me. Did you pick the middle option? Press for menu, press and hold for recent apps? That's the one you should choose.

Apparently the existence of quick settings in the dropdown is a red herring, it was baked into a non-stock rom with a Sense 4.1 base, not the stock Sense 4.1