1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Default "Home" button going crazy

Hello,

I've bought a One S this summer and everything went fine until fairly recently, I did not have any of the common problems reported on various websites. However, I am now experiencing a bug that makes the "Home" button sometimes going crazy, as if I were frantically pressing it. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence as that does not seem related, but I think this problem is happening since I applied the tiny update called "SIM customization"... Is there any known fix to this? Or do I have to wait for JB update, and pray that it fixes it (as the 4.0.4 update did not fix it for those who already had the problem from the beginning)?

Thanks!

Default Re: "Home" button going crazy

sounds like a hardware issue, I dont think an update will fix that. Go to your carrier and get it warrantied-out
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Oh crap I don't get why it didn't happen from the beginning though, too bad :/

Thanks for answering!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

If that's of any help to someone, I've found a Google Docs where people who have that bug can report it : . That's quite a list actually. Some people have formed a sort of a "group" to draw HTC's attention to that bug (even though some, like me, secretely hope it will be fixed with JB :P) and that list is one of their initiative for this.

Now, after reading a lot about that bug, it seems it mostly happens when you have a low signal in Edge. As far as I can remember, that's the case for me. So I have a doubt about it being hardware or software issue :/