Buying used vs new? Any issues with this phone?

iDred

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I am looking to buy a t-mobile version of the HTC one S. I would like to buy it from Ebay.

I have read some reviews which says this phone has a few issues. Can not really remember exactly but think it was wifi calling and other small problems.

I was wondering if buying this phone used makes it more likely that I will get someone selling it because the phone had these issues?

Do you think it makes sense to buy a t-mobile phone that is new and sealed? Or does it not really matter as the phone does not have issues and it is more likely due to their connection?

Are there any other issues with buying this phone used that I should beware of?

Thanks for all help about purchasing a used t-mobile phone that I want to use for t-mobile prepaid plan.

big_time2

Jan 13, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend buying this phone at all. There are just too many minor bugs that will bother the heck out of you. If you want to get another phone, go for it, but I wouldn't recommend spending money on this phone. I like mine, but I can't wait for a new phone to be released so I can get rid of this pos.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The phone started with Lot of issues. But seemed to smooth out now. Its a good phone and I enjoy it. The camera is amazing. But I do feel Bigtimes pain. Sometimes it makes me upset.... and some people seemed to have more issues than others (call reception, sound quality, etc)

Also be very careful buying stuff on ebay/craigslist. I would call Tmobile and verify the IMEI # passes with a clean bill (previous owner paid off there bill/phone)
there is a post in the HTC one S threads explaining this exact problem that someone already went through

Good luck

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I did not buy my One S brand new. Bought it from craigslist and everything on it was fine. If there was any software issues with Sense, that was taken care of pretty fast since I rooted it within the first week or so. I would say go for it, unless the phone is physically damaged, I don't really see a problem.