Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP ! HTC One S Update

Hey everyone,

I have an HTC One S with fido, and i got sick of waiting for them to release the 4.0.4 update (its been out for 2 months now !!!) so i went and unlocked my phone.. but there are still no updates !
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the problem is ??

Thanks in advance

Default Re: HELP ! HTC One S Update

Probably that HTC does not release and update before December, according so some reports and threads on this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: HELP ! HTC One S Update

Quote Originally Posted by rgbg View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have an HTC One S with fido, and i got sick of waiting for them to release the 4.0.4 update (its been out for 2 months now !!!) so i went and unlocked my phone.. but there are still no updates !
    Can anyone enlighten me on what the problem is ??

Thanks in advance
    Unlocking the phone refers to what carrier you can have the phone on and using the network configurations.
    Rooting is where the phones Bootloader is unlocked and you start to change its running system (ROM) kernel (Thing that speaks between network, finger touch, CPU and GPU) and recovery system

if you root you can easily download a updated ROM on XDA-developers.com for the HTC one S.
    Rooting can be very complicated so make sure you do your research. and I am not responsible.

Since you are not on Tmobile or international, I have no idea if your carrier will be providing the update... they get final say-so. HTC has already released the update and should be in the carriers lap. to be honest you dont have much say-so unless your root your phone.

hope that helped, good luck
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:
    rgbg