- 6 Posts
HELP ! HTC One S Update
I have an HTC One S with fido, and i got sick of waiting for them to release the 4.0.4 update (its been out for 2 months now !!!) so i went and unlocked my phone.. but there are still no updates !
Can anyone enlighten me on what the problem is ??
Thanks in advance
- 10-27-2012, 05:51 PM #2
- 10-30-2012, 04:06 PM #3
- 801 Posts
Re: HELP ! HTC One S Update
Rooting is where the phones Bootloader is unlocked and you start to change its running system (ROM) kernel (Thing that speaks between network, finger touch, CPU and GPU) and recovery system
if you root you can easily download a updated ROM on XDA-developers.com for the HTC one S.
Rooting can be very complicated so make sure you do your research. and I am not responsible.
Since you are not on Tmobile or international, I have no idea if your carrier will be providing the update... they get final say-so. HTC has already released the update and should be in the carriers lap. to be honest you dont have much say-so unless your root your phone.
hope that helped, good luckSamsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
- By Ichwardort in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 08-01-2012, 08:33 AM
- By yesimgilbert in forum HTC One SReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2012, 05:16 PM
- By m-hyder in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-19-2012, 08:36 PM
- By 303kush in forum HTC One SReplies: 1Last Post: 04-08-2012, 09:36 PM
- By storms86 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-23-2011, 09:14 PM