Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redspiderbear
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sees wifi networks, but won't connect

I've found people having some wifi difficulties, but I didn't find my issue.

Since rooting and flashing a Jellybean ROM on my HTC One S, I've been unable to connect to wifi at all. It can see the networks just fine, and lets me put in a password. Then it says, "Saved," but will not connect. After that ROM, auto-updating re-installed all my apps and everything from before, but I didn't know it was doing it. So my 4g connection for the month has been exceeded because of what could've happened over wifi, but did not. This is a huge problem. Without wifi, I'll run out of it in no time each month.

I've flashed two different radios. Neither worked. I just don't get why wifi died.

Default Re: Sees wifi networks, but won't connect

If you are running a custom ROM... and something is not working... this is the ROMs issue. Not the phone
    Id check some known issues about that ROM from the OP. And see if this is common.
    If its not a common issue, I would do a full wipe and try reinstalling the ROM. Or possibly try a different JB ROM

Hope you get this fixed
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I thought so, but is it possible for every custom ROM to have this issue? I've tried seven. This happens on all of them. So it's making me wonder. I've tried: TrickDroid, ParanoidAndroid Tablet ROM, Viper, Black Dragon, MIUI, and AOKP. It's happened since the initial attempt to go up to Jellybean. I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by redspiderbear View Post
    I thought so, but is it possible for every custom ROM to have this issue? I've tried seven. This happens on all of them. So it's making me wonder. I've tried: TrickDroid, ParanoidAndroid Tablet ROM, Viper, Black Dragon, MIUI, and AOKP. It's happened since the initial attempt to go up to Jellybean. I just don't get it.
    I had my HTC one S rooted for about a month... then unrooted it, but during that time I was using Trickdroid and had no issues with Wifi at all.
    Did you have this issue before your rooted?
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

It wasn't from rooting, as before I had it rooted but stayed on stock. It's when I tried to get Jellybean flashed that the wifi died. Been dead ever since. It also wouldn't let me go back to the nandroid backup that I made, which was since erased I guess because it doesn't find it anymore, and I can't flash back to stock ROM either. Both attempts abort.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Well anyway, I followed the instructions on unrooting and completely restoring stock using the RUU. When I did that, voila... I had wifi again. So I rerooted, still had wifi. Then installed a different ROM, bam... no wifi. Apparently my phone refuses to let me have a ROM. I give up on it then. Going back to stock and staying there.
    Ryandroid86 likes this.

hi...i flash my n7000 with slim bean and before that with paranoid and jelly bear my phone dont connect to wifi after flashing but the solution its very simple you just have to unplug your router wait one or to minutes and plug it again...search and choose wifi connection in your phone and it will be connect without problem...thats work to me...bless and regards.