Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC one s power button problem

when trying to turn phone on from standby by simply clickin the power button it takes like 5-6 times of pressing for it to finally come on. Only had htc for a month. any suggestions?

Default Re: HTC one s power button problem

Quote Originally Posted by mikel91 View Post
    when trying to turn phone on from standby by simply clickin the power button it takes like 5-6 times of pressing for it to finally come on. Only had htc for a month. any suggestions?
    In order to turn the phone on... simply pressing the power button quickly wont turn the phone on... hold it for 2 seconds and let go. Mine starts up everytime... first try
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->

Default Re: HTC one s power button problem

I think the OP meant the phone is already turned on, but in standby or asleep. My One S distinguishes between them believe it or not.

Pressing the button quickly should work. Mine played up and I found the plastic piece you push down was broken. The tabs that.hold it in were snapped. Superglue them back in if that's the case.