Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Jelly Bean, When?

I feel the same way. Love the One S, hate the support behind it. I'll be going nexus from now on.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

I saw a new thread here about some people having problems connecting to there PC's with Jelly Bean. I checked my phone for software updates but got the message that my phone was up to date. Is JB now available for our TMobile phones and if so how do we get it, thanks.

Those people are not in US or are part of alpha or beta program I think. Euro carriers have received update.

Quote Originally Posted by ctgene View Post
    I saw a new thread here about some people having problems connecting to there PC's with Jelly Bean. I checked my phone for software updates but got the message that my phone was up to date. Is JB now available for our TMobile phones and if so how do we get it, thanks.

I have been using the JB update on my S for about 3 weeks now - and to be perfectly honest, after all the hype, am feeling a bit underwhelmed. I suppose it was my fault by expecting something big as it is only a software update, but I hardly notice the difference to ICS. Yes it does seem faster and smoother in operation, but against that connecting to wi-fi and 3G has got a bit more flaky. I tend to use different apps from the stock ones supplied with JB (Keyboard, dialer, email, etc) so perhaps I would have noticed a bigger change had I not been using 3rd party software.

Overall, for the increase in speed and smoothness it is an OK upgrade - however it really is not worth getting that excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by ToneSoul View Post
    I feel the same way. Love the One S, hate the support behind it. I'll be going nexus from now on.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    That's exactly how I felt. My wife still loves her One S but is really growing weary of waiting for JB. I've been telling her it should be here soon since before Christmas. I bought a Nexus 4 through T-Mobile as soon as it came out and it's already been updated to 4.2.2. Like most people I read on here, I think it's Nexus from here on out for me

Default Jelly Bean, When?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    wow. im beginning to grow weary.... what is exciting about jelly bean after 7 months of release date.... nothing. The reason I bought this phone was to have the latest and greatest.... well that didnt last long at all. HTC One S released in april... Jelly bean in July. and here comes February and Im still on ICS. I feel like it was a waste of money.

(sorry for the venting... im just very mad) and now they already have sense 5.0???? wow... super behind. My guess is we will never see S5.0. or JB4.2. Stupid HTC and Tmo. Im not very happy.
    Unfortunately will phones these days minus the nexus brand it is not a sure fire thing you will get the newest software or updates. Even with that phone on Verizon it was behind for awhile. Something like sense 5.0 is probably designed only for the newer phones.

The mobile industry moves so fast its hard for manufacturers to keep up. As much as you want to be mad at HTC and TMO on average they usually have the fastest updates. As disappointed as i am we don't have jelly bean yet, as long as we have it in the next couple months I won't be that mad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12