HTC One S Jelly bean issue, not connecting to PC

Reekysporran

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I upgraded to Jelly Bean, I can no longer connect to my PC. Previously the phone screen would ask me to select either Charging or Hard Drive when I connected the USB cable, I no longer get this and a message pops up on my PC screen saying;

Cannot install this hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware
HTC MTP Device
An error occured during the installation of this device
The required section was not found in the INF

So, can anyone give me a clue as to what is going wrong?

BabyJayBrookes

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I am also having this problem... which is really lame as I need to transfer files to make room for New Years Eve pics/vids etc.
I also had an issue with my internet when I had the update and also one of my online games no longer works... what a great update! *sarcasm*

Any help on this issue would be massively appreciated!

Will Davies

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
This still not been resolved? I'm having a slightly different problem. Currently running Mac OS X and can also no longer get the old disk mode since Jelly Bean update. It has installed HTC Sync Manager (really annoy POS), so it must recognise the device. Just can't access the phone storage in the library!

balaji906

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Using airdroid app to transfer data to computer is an alternative solution

Some are having issues using windows 8 , install latest HTC sync software

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Vishnuim

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys...

Did anyone find a solution for this..?

I am having the same problem with my HTC One S C2, for me it happened after I got an OTA update,, not the Jelly bean one though.. I am hoping that the jelly bean update will fix it, which I am yet to receive.

Regards,
Vishnu

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Me too. On jb and i no longer get the option to connect as drive. Havent figured out how to do it yet if there is a way.

nash211

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
A solution may be plug in the phone to the computer, restart the computer leaving the phone connected via usb cable, see when the computer reboots if it will recognize the phone.

Wafaah Thakur

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same problem as Reekysporran :( still no luck??? any alternative? Does anyone know where are tthe photos saved on htc if copied from pc???

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
alright i just figured out why.... at the moment HTC has not released any drivers for windows 8. so if you are trying to connect to windows 8 it will not do it. Some people on other sites state that they had luck but downloading old drivers. then updating them once they are present on the machine.

some has also had luck by downloading HTC sync (not HTC sync manager) HTC Support Center
you can try for yourself

also before you download either one of these... you will need to delete all other drivers which are normally located C:/program files(x86)/htc

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
alright i just figured out why.... at the moment HTC has not released any drivers for windows 8. so if you are trying to connect to windows 8 it will not do it. Some people on other sites state that they had luck but downloading old drivers. then updating them once they are present on the machine.

some has also had luck by downloading HTC sync (not HTC sync manager) HTC Support Center
you can try for yourself

also before you download either one of these... you will need to delete all other drivers which are normally located C:/program files(x86)/htc

This worked for me! Uninstalled any previous versions of HTC software and reinstalled HTC sync and I now have my device back as a drive. This is on winXP. Haven't tried it on my home pc with windows 7 yet.

Thanks!!!

nash211

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I am using windows 8 and it works fine, I also have install HTC sync. My computer it recognized it before I installed HTC sync.

1) This may work if not proceed to #2 go to settings on your phone, scroll down to Developer options, tap, click ok, scroll down to USB debugging, tap that and place a check there, then your computer should recognize your phone. If you cannot activate anything in Developer options tap on in the top right hand corner.
2) Plug in your phone into the computer via usb, open Device Driver and see if it is there, then either delete the driver or just update driver. Make sure your phone has the above turned on.

tory21

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Am new to this, but found this thread with more info than I've found elsewhere, including HTC's help. I'm not sure which version is Jelly Bean, I've got Android 4.1.1. My HTC One S went into melt down just before Christmas & I had to do a factory reboot. Now I'm having problems connecting it to Sync, to back up my photos (As I've lost quite a few recently & don't want to lose any more). I tried to connect it to the HTC Sync that I had on my laptop. Nothing happened, as someone else said earlier on this thread, I was looking for the connection options, ie, to select if I want to just charge, or connect to HTC Sync etc. But I didn't get it. I have "Chatted" to HTC guys for the past 3 nights. The first guy reckoned it was my McAfee that was the problem, but I couldn't see why, as I've always had it & its never caused problems before. but I followed his instructions & nothing changed. Second guy said it was the phone & reboot it. no difference again. third guy again told me to uninstall & then re-install (which I've done so many times in the past few days, but did realise that I should be on the HTC Sync Manager, rather than the old Sync).
He did say that with the latest update, we won't see the connection settings, they've changed it. but that I should be able to go into "Connect to PC" via my settings. I don't have that option in my settings. So I can't follow his instructions & until they open again tomorrow, won't know where this is.
I tried to deselect the USB Debbuging, as someone else suggested, on this thread. at least then, my laptop installed the driver. but still the Sync Manager didn't recognise my phone.
if anyone can suggest anything, I'd be so grateful. I'm really struggling with this & don't have time each evening to sit Chatting to HTC & installing & uninstalling progammes.

nash211

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Try downloading : Install this Android SDK and you shouldn't have any more issues. Download the ADT bundle for windows and install. Then re install HTC Sync.

Mahmood Iqbal

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Same here,I upgraded to Jelly Bean, I can no longer connect to my PC. Previously the phone screen would ask me to select either Charging or Hard Drive when I connected the USB cable, I no longer get this and a message pops up on my PC screen saying;

Cannot install this hardware
There was a problem installing this hardware
HTC MTP Device
An error occured during the installation of this device
The required section was not found in the INF

My wifi not working well,
My apps lagging
I can not connect to internet and all apps which are connected to internet are not working
HTC One S using more ram and get heat.

After all of this i have choose left which is factory reset.

Yusuf Ahmed1

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Guys, this might help for some of you, connect your HTC one S to the computer, when you connect it, go ON your phone and put your finger where it shows the battery or the mobile signal and drag it down all the way. Now you will see some settings, it will show USB debugging connected and i believe USB connected, DO NOT CLICK on the USB debugging connected, click on the other option. Now you will see about four options, Portable Wi-fi hotspot, Portable Wi-fi hotspot settings, USB network settings, and Bluetooth tethering. Click on the USB network Setting and choose the last option which is internet pass - through. I dont know why but once you do all of this everything should start working again. if you deleted HTC sync manager, re - download again because it will help out for whatever you wanted to do such as listening to music or going through your gallery, but once you have done this, everything should be back to normal and working well so go ahead and try it out. If it doesnt work just let me know alright guys

P.S
once you see that it works, go back on your phone and instead of using the internet pass - through, choose the option on top of it and everything should be fine.

BRENDA TEH

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Cannot install this hardware ?
I'm also have the problem installing this hardware : HTC MTP DEVICE
An error occurred during the installation of the device .
The required section was not found in INF
Please advise solution much appreciate !

karol_7101

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

That is everything you need, just change your setting to allow internet pass-thru and after a short while you will be able to see your phone as a disc drive.
Thank you very much

Good stuff

carcass00

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

i have HTC One S, win7 64 bits. i am having the same issue, but your solution didn't worked for me. Any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, this might help for some of you, connect your HTC one S to the computer, when you connect it, go ON your phone and put your finger where it shows the battery or the mobile signal and drag it down all the way. Now you will see some settings, it will show USB debugging connected and i believe USB connected, DO NOT CLICK on the USB debugging connected, click on the other option. Now you will see about four options, Portable Wi-fi hotspot, Portable Wi-fi hotspot settings, USB network settings, and Bluetooth tethering. Click on the USB network Setting and choose the last option which is internet pass - through. I dont know why but once you do all of this everything should start working again. if you deleted HTC sync manager, re - download again because it will help out for whatever you wanted to do such as listening to music or going through your gallery, but once you have done this, everything should be back to normal and working well so go ahead and try it out. If it doesnt work just let me know alright guys

P.S
once you see that it works, go back on your phone and instead of using the internet pass - through, choose the option on top of it and everything should be fine.

Hi,

i have HTC One S, win7 64 bits. i am having the same issue, but your solution didn't worked for me. Any ideas?

rio14e

May 1, 2013
Visit site
I found the problem (in my case at least) I plugged in the phone to the computer then went to Device Manager in Windows 7. There you will see the phone highlighted with an error for the driver. I simply did an update to the driver and all worked. (HTC One S) I think that the Jelly Bean update was looking for a new driver but the old one was on my computer. I did this on two of my computers and both worked.

Good luck,

Nischal Baaniya

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Not Just that, I have experienced some other problems too,that u might too feel after a while.
Phone lags regularly,
The green signal while connecting to Wifi,Gps dont show
Widgets cant be Accessed Properly

Fcuk Off HTc...
U ruined my otherwise Perfect Phone.
Plan to root ...