Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default Re: HTC One S Jelly bean issue, not connecting to PC

I'm having the same problem am I'm convinced the Jelly Bean update broke our disk drive connection option. NO SPECIAL DRIVERS (like Sync Manager) have ever been required for this to work either. I used to be able to connect with computers running Windows 7 or Xubuntu Linux with no problem. I disabled Lookout. I turned on USB Debugging. Still doesn't work. Restated phone. Nothing works. I'm about ready to either root this thing or see if I can revert it to ICS. I see no compelling reason to keep Jelly Bean anyway.

UPDATE: After installing HTC Sync Manager, it was able to connect. I don't use the Sync Manager for anything but it does bring along drivers. Even still, it's not the same. You know that system tray icon that allows you to safely remove a USB device (a good thing to do when you're using external storage is to unmount it first)... well it's gone. And there is no access at all for Linux PCs.

UPDATE #2: I was finally able to get it to work in Linux. The directions are very well written and, if followed, this is the best (only) remedy we have at this time. Instructions here:
    Last edited by scottbomb; 06-24-2013 at 11:20 PM.

This worked. Honestly - thank you. This setting needed to be set - basically this enabled communication & the driver installed straight away.

This worked:

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuf Ahmed1 View Post
    Guys, this might help for some of you, connect your HTC one S to the computer, when you connect it, go ON your phone and put your finger where it shows the battery or the mobile signal and drag it down all the way. Now you will see some settings, it will show USB debugging connected and i believe USB connected, DO NOT CLICK on the USB debugging connected, click on the other option. Now you will see about four options, Portable Wi-fi hotspot, Portable Wi-fi hotspot settings, USB network settings, and Bluetooth tethering. Click on the USB network Setting and choose the last option which is internet pass - through. I dont know why but once you do all of this everything should start working again. if you deleted HTC sync manager, re - download again because it will help out for whatever you wanted to do such as listening to music or going through your gallery, but once you have done this, everything should be back to normal and working well so go ahead and try it out. If it doesnt work just let me know alright guys

P.S
    once you see that it works, go back on your phone and instead of using the internet pass - through, choose the option on top of it and everything should be fine.

I found a way to connect to PC...

Setting->More->Mobile Network Sharing->USB Network Setting->USB tethering

then you should see "My Computer\HTC One S\Internal storage" folder in your PC.

Interchange your data between PC and HTC One S... all the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Reekysporran View Post
    Since I upgraded to Jelly Bean, I can no longer connect to my PC. Previously the phone screen would ask me to select either Charging or Hard Drive when I connected the USB cable, I no longer get this and a message pops up on my PC screen saying;

Cannot install this hardware
    There was a problem installing this hardware
    HTC MTP Device
    An error occured during the installation of this device
    The required section was not found in the INF

So, can anyone give me a clue as to what is going wrong?

I found a way to connect to PC...

Setting->More->Mobile Network Sharing->USB Network Setting->USB tethering

then you should see "My Computer\HTC One S\Internal storage" folder in your PC.

Interchange your data between PC and HTC One S... all the best...

I was unable to get my PC to recognize the HTC One connection as a USB port. It didn't give me a choice of 'Power' or 'Data' connection. Only Power or HTC Syn. Finally tried a cable from another device and it worked immediately. I don't like HTC Sync Manager because it wants to catagorize everything on my computer and sync it with my phone. I only wanted to copy a few pictures. At least it works with a different cable.

this is me mimicking the face on my avatar upon reading all the replies:
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

now for the solution
    the HTC phones use a relatively stock android rom right?
    I'm using CM10.1 and I had this problem so here's what you do
    you go to storage then press menu button which you'll see the option " USB computer connection"
    press that the mass storage option.
    keep in mind that mass storage option will
    A. automatically engage upon connecting your phone to your pc
    B. will disable ringtones and notifications with missing file sound

Hope this helps so I don't look like a complete arse because of the first 3 or 4 sentences

I solved the problem by restarting my phone. I got this tip from a German forum. Post #28 lists some possible solutions:

OK i'm new here and have been having this problem with my pc since the phone updated to jellybean ( i'm not very IT but i know that much ) my pc had windows XP and was told that it wouldnt connect, i even phoned up help lines and someone even said that i would have to pay 60 to get the problem sorted

so i got round it as i had a netbook and had windows 7 on there, plugged it in, came up with the little window to open the files which i did, saved them to my netbook and then uploaded photos to usb stick and then loaded usb stick to my pc, a very long winded way of doing it but nothing else worked

however today i've come to upload some photos and guess what

the netbook doesnt recognise the device ARRGGGHH

things i've tried

keeping everything plugged in restarted phone and netbook, - fail
    downloaded htc sync manageer - fail ( comes up with message that it doesnt recognise my device )
    pulled down the menu and done the internet pass through that was suggested here - fail

i'm now really at a loss, i have a phone with 2000 photos on it ( yes i take alot ) which i cannot now upload

Help!!!

arrgh where has my thread gone,i've also had problems trying to upload my photos

i tried various things people have suggested and and it works for a bit and then midway between uploading suddenly it stops and says this device does not recognise the htc and stops uploading and then i go back to square one

any ideas?

I know this thread is old, but I barely updated my phone a couple of months ago. If I had known about this issue I wouldn't have updated.
    I've tried everything listed here and still no luck.
    This is what I get now...

unable to sync. please reconnect your device [30003]

Same issue here (recent upgrade to 4.3) and Sync Manager refuses to see the phone. I have the HTC One. I've been around the horn with HTC and T-mobile - reinstalled Sync from HTC and made sure new driver was installed. Turns out my particular problem was the Debugging USB function on the phone. This was always set as 'enabled'. However each time I plugged the phone in I'd get a pop-up asking if I wanted to run and I tried cancel with no success. When I checked off 'OK' and 'always run from this device' in addition to making sure 'HTC Sync Manager' in Mobile Network Sharing was checked off I got into Sync Manager consistenly every time and was able to sync to Outlook.

I think there are a lot of things going on from what I've been reading. Just know that this resolved my particular issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reekysporran View Post
    Since I upgraded to Jelly Bean, I can no longer connect to my PC. Previously the phone screen would ask me to select either Charging or Hard Drive when I connected the USB cable, I no longer get this and a message pops up on my PC screen saying;

Cannot install this hardware
    There was a problem installing this hardware
    HTC MTP Device
    An error occured during the installation of this device
    The required section was not found in the INF

So, can anyone give me a clue as to what is going wrong?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12