HTC One S - Viber problem

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Viber problem

@booboobear46 -

Hi,
Please make sure that both Viber users have the latest version of Viber installed.
In addition, this could be a network-related issue. Please (both of you) switch between a few different WiFi networks, and see if the problem occurs on all of them.

@Bassam Sabry -

What device do you have? Which version of Android?
Are you using a Custom ROM?

shivakumar_swamy

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Hi Viber team,

Till Yesterday my vibar was working fine.....suddenly am getting alert message as its Blocked or not available currently--try later.

I tried with uninstall n then install...reinstall..nothing worked.

Note: I use multiple connection point..@ home...@ office @ street..different wifi avalialble.. Based on the availability..connect to internet.

As solution provided by you is not optimal one for me....firewall setting to router. hope u can understand that as am using free available internet.

It will be great if you can provide me solution.

Many thanks in Advance.

Br,
Shiva

Metalninja500

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I have been using Viber and it's awesome! But is this normal? It's stuck at Calling. And is it compatible with Xperia Play? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@shivakumar_swamy -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* Note that Viber generally does not work through proxy (not officially supported, at least).
** If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@Metalninja500 -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Knowledgebase
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

@algeorge -

Thank you for your offer!
However, at this stage we're not looking for beta testers on our Linux app. When we have news about the release, we'll let you know :)
Thanks again!

Krume Jakjovski

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

I have S2 JB 4.1.2. The Viber version is the latest one. Since last week I had a problem with Viber, namely on the return button You have to press it two maybe three times for Viber to go off?? I remind You that all version of Viber that I have since 2 ago vorked very fine. I have tried several times to re-install it, done it, but the problem persists. Can You help me not to go radical and try some other Voip service..
Thank You in advanve

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I have S2 JB 4.1.2. The Viber version is the latest one. Since last week I had a problem with Viber, namely on the return button You have to press it two maybe three times for Viber to go off?? I remind You that all version of Viber that I have since 2 ago vorked very fine. I have tried several times to re-install it, done it, but the problem persists. Can You help me not to go radical and try some other Voip service..
Thank You in advanve

Hi,

Are you sure this isn't simply because the device is slow?

Have you tried rebooting your device, and trying again?

Garry Gill

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site

I am using Google nexus 4 but whenever I use viber it crashes a lot. Whenever I get a call on viber it does not respond. I only get the notification .I was using iPhone 4s never faced a problem in that phone.

Krume Jakjovski

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

Viber works just fine on ICS and then on JB until new version come. Yes, I;ve restarted it but no effect. Since then I tried once more to install it, but on the first opening it;s ok, but after that You have to go ending it by pressing home key.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Garry Gill and @Krume Jakjovski -

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Zoja

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site

Hi Viber Team
I have a HTC mobile phone and when i install viber on my phone i try to change the country from albania to slovenia but it shows me albania again so i cant access viber on the phone, where is the problem, what should I do ?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi,
Please specify the following:
1. Which HTC device exactly do you have?

2. At what stage exactly did the country change to "Slovenia" (was it immediately after you picked "Albania" from the country list?)

3. Please try to connect to a few different WiFi networks, and test this issue again. Does the problem persist?

Thanks.

merker

May 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I am having problems on my viber for HTC wildfires . I tried uninstalling viber on my phone.But when I tried installing it again, it does not send me an access code,i have the code that before viber sent to me, i try with that code but nothing append and when I tried clicking on the "click here" link, it cannot receive the automatic voice call. and i uninstall it and waited 24houre and try again but does not work :( Please help, Thanks!
im from iran

Last edited:

kisgencsi1

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello
I downloaded the app viber is
punched in the phone number
then asked for a code
but I got em sms
I clicked on the phone to call viber
but what the code was not good: (

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

@merker and @kisgencsi1 -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

If it still fails, then it could be that Viber is blocked on your ISP/cellular company in Iran.If this is the case, then unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

@Juanchie Empleo -

Please see my response above. Try it out, and let me know if the problem persists.

Rhea Torres

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

im in UAE and been using viber on my sony experia acro s phone but since there was a software problem every apps i installed was deleted including viber and when i try to reinstall it again i cant get the access code and when i try to call for the access code the website is blocked.. please help,.. thanks

jlighthi

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Hi. I am having a problem with Viber. Sometimes for no reason when I text on my mobile using the normal Messaging - (I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 it arrives on my wife's phone as a viber message. It is very annoying. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.Obviously when I text using Viber it always goes via Viber, but why iis it appearing as Viber on my wife's phone when I don't text by Viber and why does it happen sometimes for no reason and other times the Messaging works fine. I use Viber a lot but we both like to use the normal texting programme on our phones sometimes. I have unticked the Free Reply with Viber and have no defaults on either my Messaging system or Viber. Why is this happening?

many thanks

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Rhea Torres -

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

You may try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

@jlighthi -

Hi,
This is a Viber feature, that can be disabled by going to Viber --> More tab --> Settings --> disable "Free reply with Viber".

We hope this helped :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox