Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One S - Viber problem

Viber is being continuously crashed during calls( force stop and had to restart Viber every time ( )

and I don't get ring , when someone calls .. I just get only notifications ,
    Same problem happened in ics and jb ...
    Any solution ?
    Anybody else experiencing same kind of issue on Viber
    Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Athalia Tavana likes this.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Default Re: Viber problem

Hi guys!
    This is a member of the Viber Team, I'm here to offer my assistance.
    Do you have stock or custom ROM? Did you try to uninstall>reinstall? Which Viber version do you have?

Thanks,
    Viber Team
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Viber View Post
    Hi guys!
    This is a member of the Viber Team, I'm here to offer my assistance.
    Do you have stock or custom ROM? Did you try to uninstall>reinstall? Which Viber version do you have?

Thanks,
    Viber Team
    jelly bean 4.1.1 , sense 4+
    Yes, tried reinstalling
    Viber Version 2.3.2

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

I have exactly the same problem same version of andriod (4.1). Every time I attempt a call I get a blank screen and the phone crashes. I had an android phone operating system 2.4 viber worked fine.
    Thanked by:
    Athalia Tavana likes this.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

EDIT:

Thank you for the info.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

*Make sure to write the ticket in English

Thanks in advance

I am having problems with viber on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and Tab2 my viber asks me everytime for my phone number and have to put code in everytime whats the cause of this?

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnnieg7 View Post
    I am having problems with viber on my Samsung Galaxy S2 and Tab2 my viber asks me everytime for my phone number and have to put code in everytime whats the cause of this?
    Hi,
    Are you using a Custom ROM on your device?

Also, could you please check the IMEI if your device and let us know what it is? If you're unsure how to do it, please check this quick guide:

Hi, I have problem with viber on android 2.3.6. I can recieve calls and text from one of my contacts, but I can't text or call back, as its said that this very contact doesn't have viber, and its not true. How can I fix it?

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ekaterina Semushina View Post
    Hi, I have problem with viber on android 2.3.6. I can recieve calls and text from one of my contacts, but I can't text or call back, as its said that this very contact doesn't have viber, and its not true. How can I fix it?
    Hi there,

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list:

(The instructions refer to iPhone, but are relevant to all phones nevertheless).

Hi, I am having problems on my viber for Samsung Galaxy W. I tried uninstalling viber on my phone (thinking it could reset it) because it keeps on notifying me that I have a new message even though I don't. But when I tried installing it again, it does not send me an access code, and when I tried clicking on the "click here" link, it cannot receive the automatic voice call. Please help, I really like Viber and I want it back up. Thanks! (Sorry I'm writing on HTC Android Phones though my phone is Samsung, really need help)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by angel224 View Post
    Hi, I am having problems on my viber for Samsung Galaxy W. I tried uninstalling viber on my phone (thinking it could reset it) because it keeps on notifying me that I have a new message even though I don't. But when I tried installing it again, it does not send me an access code, and when I tried clicking on the "click here" link, it cannot receive the automatic voice call. Please help, I really like Viber and I want it back up. Thanks! (Sorry I'm writing on HTC Android Phones though my phone is Samsung, really need help)
    Hi again, problem already solved! I'm so glad! I just emailed their support center and they were able to remove my prior registration so that I can register again.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

We apologize for our late resposne.

We're glad to hear all is working now, and that our support team was able to assist you Enjoy Viber!
    messiaag likes this.

My viber has deleted itself off my phone for no reason, this has happened twice before, it normally comes back after a few days, could you give me any advice on how to get it back sooner?

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Dunphy View Post
    My viber has deleted itself off my phone for no reason
    The shortcut or it uninstalls itself - gone from Settings--> Applications--> Manage--> All?

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Dunphy View Post
    My viber has deleted itself off my phone for no reason, this has happened twice before, it normally comes back after a few days, could you give me any advice on how to get it back sooner?
    Hmm... we haven't encountered a similar problem before.
    Please delete Viber, reboot your device, then reinstall the app again (note that this will cause your message history to be deleted!).

Does the problem persist?

i'm using galaxy s+ and last week i upgraded the rom to jb 4.1.1.. my problem is no audio during phone calls.. i already to deactivate and re-install my account but still to no avail...

I have the new version of viber (2.3.6) and I also have had a lot of crashes. Black screen, missed call notification, and just has random crashes. I have the GS3 and its the stock android as well. I also forgot to mention, when I get a call sometimes I have to hang up and re-dial so then I can hear the person. Oh, the audio fades away as well.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@Michael Sabareza -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices:
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

@Naheel Bhaloo -

We are working these days on a brand new version of Viber (Viber 3.0). We recommend that once released, you install it and see if it resolves the problem you mentioned above. We'd be happy to receive feedback from you.

Hi, I have a Samsung S3 and Viber has been recently crashing very often on my phone. I have JB 4.1.2 and i have got stock rom. I have recently done a factory reset. Since then it has been playing up.

Viber doesnt work, i am from mexico, carrier is TELCEL, got a galaxy s3 cellphone, try to activite viber several times before,
    never get the activation code via sms or call, yesterday i finally got the code via sms, and now said its not valid, i reinstall viber again, then i recibe the same code and the same, the code is not valid

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@Sriram Rajagopalan -
    Are you using the latest version of Viber, 2.3.6?
    If so, try uninstalling Viber, rebooting your phone, then installing again (note that this will unfortunately cause your message history to be deleted).
    Lastly, note that we're working on a major new update these days for Viber on Android, and we hope that ultimately, when released, this will help the problems you're describing.

@Jorge Rosales -
    Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Hi, I have a similar problem with Viber 2.3.6. I installed it to my Samsung galaxy S2 and once installed it can't sinchronize my contacts and the following message appears: "this service is not available or it is blocked, try again later"

Hi
    I am from Croatia and I'm having problem with viber app. I've never used viber before so I don't have old account that can cause this problem. I try to install viber app(2.3.6) on my galaxy S3 but I can't get the activation code via sms or call. I removed viber, waited 24 hours, install again but it's the same, can't get activation code. I try to contact my carrier (t-com) but they said that everything is ok on their side. I try to install older versions of viber but nothing happens.
    Is it possible that you send me activation code via email? I know that that is not your policy because of privacy but I'm owner of my phone number and I just don't know what to do with this problem...

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@Nataliacp2 -

It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
    2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
    TCP: 5242 + 4244
    UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@vestibul -

Our code delivery mechanism is completely automated, and so unfortunately there is no way to manually send the code via other ways (such as email).
    Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Also have issues on GS3. Random phone lock, crashes, phone freeze. Removed Viber and phone work like supposed to work.
    Android 4.1
    Viber 2.3.6
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast