Issues with scrolling background & GPS

Rafael Madrigal

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone there :)

I am very new to the Android community. I've got my hands on an HTC One S (S4), with which I'm extremely happy. Everything runs great, but I'm getting stuck with two particular things:

The settings are:
Android 4.1.1
HTC Sense 4+
Software TrickDroid v9.0.0

First, I can't make my background image to scroll, at all :(. I've set a 1440x960 photo as the background, but when I flip from desktop to desktop, the image remains static. I've tried to use Wallpaper Wizardrii app, but I haven't manage to get anything. I can't find any setting as well that mentions it.

Second, GPS is not working properly. When using apps like Navigation or Sygic, both remain in an "acquiring GPS position" state. I've been very patient, and I've tried it outdoors. I used GPS Status app, and it connects to 7 different sats (7/10), but just stays acquiring the position.

Any ideas please? Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone there :)

I am very new to the Android community. I've got my hands on an HTC One S (S4), with which I'm extremely happy. Everything runs great, but I'm getting stuck with two particular things:

The settings are:
Android 4.1.1
HTC Sense 4+
Software TrickDroid v9.0.0

First, I can't make my background image to scroll, at all :(. I've set a 1440x960 photo as the background, but when I flip from desktop to desktop, the image remains static. I've tried to use Wallpaper Wizardrii app, but I haven't manage to get anything. I can't find any setting as well that mentions it.

Second, GPS is not working properly. When using apps like Navigation or Sygic, both remain in an "acquiring GPS position" state. I've been very patient, and I've tried it outdoors. I used GPS Status app, and it connects to 7 different sats (7/10), but just stays acquiring the position.

Any ideas please? Any feedback will be very appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Htc disabled scrolling wall paper in the latest jelly bean version. You will need a 3rd party app like multi live wallpaper or you will need a third party launcher like nova or apex.

For gps make sure data is on and go to settings for your gps and make sure all the assisted gps boxes are checked.

I don't have your phone so that's as far as i can help. Good luck

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the scrolling background was gone after updating to JB too. I'd imagine that is all they did to make changing pages more smooth. It must take a fair amount of processor power to scroll.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781