1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Telus HTC One S - want to restore to stock - RUU error 155

Hi there, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I got impatient back in November waiting for the official JB update on Telus. I rooted through the standard method (Htc Dev, with ClockworkMod). Tried out Cyanogenmod, but settled on ViperOneS for the better camera and GPS/Cell stability...

I've been running ViperOneS, and I've been very happy with it, with a huge caveat: google navigation is nerfed (constant force close). Now that Telus finally released the official JB build, I thought I'd unroot and update.

I deleted Superuser from the system directories, flashed the stock recovery, re-locked the bootloader and ran the RUU utility I found for the phone. I crapped out with error 155.

Here are my stats from the bootloader:

HBoot: 1.13.0000
    Radio - 0.17.31501S.10_2

The RUU file I used is as follows:
    RUU_Ville_U_TELUS_WWE_1.70.661.1_Radio_0.16.31501S.02_10.18.31501S.08L_release_254554_signed.exe

I'm thinking the mismatch in radios is causing the problem? Any ideas on what I can do? The RUU above is the only one I could find for Telus.

Alternatively, if I could fix Google Nav from force closing, I'd stick with ViperOneS, as I'm really happy with some of the mods they've made...

Default Re: Telus HTC One S - want to restore to stock - RUU error 155

Quote Originally Posted by thedoo79 View Post
    Hi there, I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I got impatient back in November waiting for the official JB update on Telus. I rooted through the standard method (Htc Dev, with ClockworkMod). Tried out Cyanogenmod, but settled on ViperOneS for the better camera and GPS/Cell stability...

I've been running ViperOneS, and I've been very happy with it, with a huge caveat: google navigation is nerfed (constant force close). Now that Telus finally released the official JB build, I thought I'd unroot and update.

I deleted Superuser from the system directories, flashed the stock recovery, re-locked the bootloader and ran the RUU utility I found for the phone. I crapped out with error 155.

Here are my stats from the bootloader:

HBoot: 1.13.0000
    Radio - 0.17.31501S.10_2

The RUU file I used is as follows:
    RUU_Ville_U_TELUS_WWE_1.70.661.1_Radio_0.16.31501S.02_10.18.31501S.08L_release_254554_signed.exe

I'm thinking the mismatch in radios is causing the problem? Any ideas on what I can do? The RUU above is the only one I could find for Telus.

Alternatively, if I could fix Google Nav from force closing, I'd stick with ViperOneS, as I'm really happy with some of the mods they've made...
    Make sure you flash the stock Boot.img as well using fastboot... other wise it will not work
    also the only site I could find with the TELUS RUU was this one
    Id try to re-download the RUU (if you had a bad download) and make sure you flash the stock Boot.img first

Good luck
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Here's an update:

I tried Ryandroid86's solution, but it didn't work. Checking the RUU logs, it failed because of a mis-matched Hboot version. Probably due to the OTA Telus pushed back in July to address radio issues.

Instead I restored my nandroid backup from I originally rooted, flashed stock recovery and re-locked.

Downloaded the Jellybean OTA from Telus, and it installed no-problem.

Ryandroid86 - thanks for your help just the same, got me thinking about the problem differently, which worked out!

Please help. I have the T-Mobile HTC one s usa. I put cyanogen on it and it was great but it doesn't support WiFi calling. This was my first phone to root and forgot to backup stock ROM. Please give me info such as walkthroughs videos anything that works lol. I'd appreciate it.