HTC One S won't switch on!

bugsy101

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

My phone ran out of juice today. When I got home, I connected it to the charger, got about 2 mins of use from it (while it was charging), then suddenly the screen went black (back-lit soft keys stayed illuminated) and the phone started vibrating (softly).

Then eventually it just switched off completely.

Now it seems not be charging at all. The LED charge light isn't coming on. And every now and then while charged, the phone starts that vibrating softly thing. Leaving it connected to the charger for over 1 hour, it starts getting really hot!

Any ideas or am I screwed??

Thanks,

TD

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

My phone ran out of juice today. When I got home, I connected it to the charger, got about 2 mins of use from it (while it was charging), then suddenly the screen went black (back-lit soft keys stayed illuminated) and the phone started vibrating (softly).

Then eventually it just switched off completely.

Now it seems not be charging at all. The LED charge light isn't coming on. And every now and then while charged, the phone starts that vibrating softly thing. Leaving it connected to the charger for over 1 hour, it starts getting really hot!

Any ideas or am I screwed??

Thanks,

TD

Well sounds like something went wrong...
but start easy... did you do a hard reset? (hold the power button for about 15 seconds (the soft keys should blink 15 times))
also see if you can boot into your bootloader (hold power and volume down for about 2 seconds, then let the power button go and continue to hold volume down until screen comes on)
if neither of those work... then your phone went bad

bugsy101

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Neither of those work. The only thing the phone does is vibrate softly when connected to a charger, eventually over heating.

Is it fixable do you think?

How long is the warranty?

Thanks anyway!

firecrush

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well sounds like something went wrong...
but start easy... did you do a hard reset? (hold the power button for about 15 seconds (the soft keys should blink 15 times))
also see if you can boot into your bootloader (hold power and volume down for about 2 seconds, then let the power button go and continue to hold volume down until screen comes on)
if neither of those work... then your phone went bad

Hi,

my phone turned off by itself, i tried the hard reset, the soft keys went blinking for like 20 mins. I tried doing it again when the blinking stopped, but nothing is happening. :(

bingming

May 24, 2014
Visit site
my htc one s wont turn on, got drained. i was using it yesterday while charging when a pop up msg appeared saying " charging current is weak" then after it went dead, been charging it for 12hours already only Orange LED ON steady but cant switch display on or no blinking keys. tried everything still nothing.. pls help me

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad