HELP! Audio issues

Setumad

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys!

I bought my HTC One S in Nov lat year and was running ICS. the music sounded like heaven and this was the best music device I had owned.

A couple of months back I updated the OS to Jelly Bean and suddenly this annoying issue with audio has come. Here's what happens:

For some unknown reason at random times the audio stops playing in stereo and switches to mono(Please excuse me if i'm using the wrong terms, I'm not an audio engineer). When it gets screwed up, the songs which have a right and left individual audio components do not play that way. I can only hear the left channel through both ear phones and cant hear the right channel at all. and the vocals sound like as if somebody is singing in a large empty hall. The bass gets increased to high levels and audio sounds very deep.

Strangely when I restart the phone, the problem gets solved and the audio starts playing normally, until i use some apps and the it gets screwed up again.

I guess this could be due to some faulty (third party/system) app, but i'm not able to find out what exactly is the reason for this. I even did a factory reset but the problem persists. Is anybody else facing the same issues or is it a problem only with my phone? Please let me know if there's any solution for this. I use this phone mostly for music and it is very very annoying to listen to music sound like trash and to restart the phone all the time.

Cheers!

S

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys!

I bought my HTC One S in Nov lat year and was running ICS. the music sounded like heaven and this was the best music device I had owned.

A couple of months back I updated the OS to Jelly Bean and suddenly this annoying issue with audio has come. Here's what happens:

For some unknown reason at random times the audio stops playing in stereo and switches to mono(Please excuse me if i'm using the wrong terms, I'm not an audio engineer). When it gets screwed up, the songs which have a right and left individual audio components do not play that way. I can only hear the left channel through both ear phones and cant hear the right channel at all. and the vocals sound like as if somebody is singing in a large empty hall. The bass gets increased to high levels and audio sounds very deep.

Strangely when I restart the phone, the problem gets solved and the audio starts playing normally, until i use some apps and the it gets screwed up again.

I guess this could be due to some faulty (third party/system) app, but i'm not able to find out what exactly is the reason for this. I even did a factory reset but the problem persists. Is anybody else facing the same issues or is it a problem only with my phone? Please let me know if there's any solution for this. I use this phone mostly for music and it is very very annoying to listen to music sound like trash and to restart the phone all the time.

Cheers!

S

Does it do this with every set of headphones you use? be aware that the 3.5mm jack can differ from each headphone device. Which may cause an issue.
If it is a software issue Im not sure what would cause this. I would download an equalizer or something like that https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smartandroidapps.audiowidget&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEwMiwiY29tLnNtYXJ0YW5kcm9pZGFwcHMuYXVkaW93aWRnZXQiXQ..
and see if that fixes the issue. Also do what you said. Try to delete some of the apps that you dont need and hope it fixes the issue.
Good luck

twittfrog

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I am facing the same crap...

Sound is switching from stereo to mono when some apps are launched concurrently, but dont know which one
After a restart, stereo os back again...any help is welcome

Cheers
Cheis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty