Jelly Bean is downloading

bastard4life

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe it but my HTC One S on T-Mobile is now downloading the jelly bean update (4.1.1). I never thought this day would come....

Last edited:

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Same here.

Doing the Wi/Fi Calling dance. Praying to Android Gods that this update works.... er better, than the last few updates.

Blaize19

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded. Google Now is kinda cool. Didn't show my time to work this morning, but from what I understand that can take a bit.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
other than fonts and updates to some Tmo crap apps, don't see a whole lot of difference.

I am noticing my wi/fi calling icon seems to come and go and my battery seems to be draining rather quickly.

Guru

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The 4.1 update on my ATT One X made it all but unusable. I am going to complain to ATT about it in hopes of getting an early upgrade. Navi stopped working, text messaging crashes non stop and Foxfi stopped working (that isn't a flaw but rather an annoyance). Before I do this to her One S am gonna wait it out and see what issues others have.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Been running the update all afternoon;

so far:

Phone is SO MUCH FASTER Night and day difference
Hasn't dropped a call yet.
Wi/Fi calling appears to be working great.
NO echo on Wi/Fi calling
Fonts appear bigger

The only 2 things I have notice that aren't a plus; Battery seems to drain right before my eyes :(
Whenever the phone sleeps, when I touch the screen, where the weather widget is, is says "no weather available". As soon as I unlock it, it updates and is fine.

So far, in just a few hours. It seems Tmo got this one right. This is how a phone is supposed to act. With any luck, the phone will actually work the final year of my 2 year contract :)

touchthatpad106

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have definitely noticed the phone being faster as well. I thought I would be more impressed with google now, but I guess I need to give it some more time. While I'm happy One S owners finally got what they were waiting for, this update came at a terrible time for me. I literally ordered an HTC One like 2 days before this update came out so I hardly care anymore. If this came out a month or two ago it would have been amazing. Luckily how I am getting the One for a great deal is because of HTC so I guess I can't be that mad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze