Entering factory boot mode to get to fastboot mode

athmene

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I have rooted my phone and installed clockwork recovery a few months a go. Now that Jelly bean is out I want to update it with a custom jelly bean rom. The problem I am having is that all the instructions that I find want me to use fastboot through the computer, which I get and understand that is the way to do it but no matter what I do, if I hold down my volume down button and then the power button nothing happens no matter how long I hold down the buttons. After I let go the phone does turn on but it goes into clockworks recovery where there is no option to enter fastboot mode. Getting really frustrated with this, have been dealling with this for weeks now wit htons of research but I am constantly hitting dead ends. Please help.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I have rooted my phone and installed clockwork recovery a few months a go. Now that Jelly bean is out I want to update it with a custom jelly bean rom. The problem I am having is that all the instructions that I find want me to use fastboot through the computer, which I get and understand that is the way to do it but no matter what I do, if I hold down my volume down button and then the power button nothing happens no matter how long I hold down the buttons. After I let go the phone does turn on but it goes into clockworks recovery where there is no option to enter fastboot mode. Getting really frustrated with this, have been dealling with this for weeks now wit htons of research but I am constantly hitting dead ends. Please help.

Do not hit the volume down and then the power button.... you will need to hit both of those buttons at the exact time. Then after 3 seconds let go of the power button, but CONTINUE to hold down the volume down button until that menu appears. It takes some practice.

Alfred D

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: i am at fastboot mode who i recover my mobile

I've got exactly the same problem. I tried all combinations and nothing works... 'Cannot find update message' when I tried getting in to the boot loader.

TIA

dnj23

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Do not hit the volume down and then the power button.... you will need to hit both of those buttons at the exact time. Then after 3 seconds let go of the power button, but CONTINUE to hold down the volume down button until that menu appears. It takes some practice.

Power and volume down at the same time just does a screen shot.