Unrooting device impossible **COMPLICATED CASE (I guess)**

tchnake

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Let me tell first introduce my phone to you. It's an HTC One S T-mobile version US.

The thing is is that I wanted to get JB on my phone, but couldn't keep waiting for the OTA. So I decided to root my device.

Here's what I did :
- unlock bootloader & root (still S-ON)
- changed the CID to HTC_203 (to get an OTA, stupid move from me)
- downloaded the JB ROM (Trickdroid V 9.1.0)

but I accidently removed the backup of the stock ROM of my device (which now doesn't have a TMOUS010 CID or something like that).
I then flashed the Trickdroid ROM (V 9.1.0) but had wifi issues as my hboot wasn't appropriate for this update. I could only flash the
Trickdroid ROM V7 for T-mobile versions of the HTC One S.

And now that the JB OTA update is available for T-mobile, I would like to install it on my device but I can't.

I have tried to install with the RUU but to no avail (I think that it might be because I changed the CID).

I have even downloaded the T-mobile JB zip file ROM but it isn't like the common ROMs, i.e. the zip file (let's call it zip file A) contains :
FOLDERS : META-INF
system
firmware (a compressed folder - in which the boot image is found I guess) (let's call this one zip file B)
FILES : fotaBoot
skin_fota

I have tried to install it using TWRP by flashing zip file A, but in vain. I have even tried to extract the folder so that I could flash zip file B,
but to no avail either. I couldn't found the usual boot.img file.

And now I am back to square one, as I am waiting for Trickdroid to bake into the official T-mobile JB ROM.

CONCLUSION :
I would like to install the T-mobile JB update on my device (which is indeed a T-mobile version). Did I mention that I live in France ? Does
this change anything in my case ?

Can anyone please help me ? I spend all of my free time looking for a solution on Google, but I haven't found anything yet.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Let me tell first introduce my phone to you. It's an HTC One S T-mobile version US.

The thing is is that I wanted to get JB on my phone, but couldn't keep waiting for the OTA. So I decided to root my device.

Here's what I did :
- unlock bootloader & root (still S-ON)
- changed the CID to HTC_203 (to get an OTA, stupid move from me)
- downloaded the JB ROM (Trickdroid V 9.1.0)

but I accidently removed the backup of the stock ROM of my device (which now doesn't have a TMOUS010 CID or something like that).
I then flashed the Trickdroid ROM (V 9.1.0) but had wifi issues as my hboot wasn't appropriate for this update. I could only flash the
Trickdroid ROM V7 for T-mobile versions of the HTC One S.

And now that the JB OTA update is available for T-mobile, I would like to install it on my device but I can't.

I have tried to install with the RUU but to no avail (I think that it might be because I changed the CID).

I have even downloaded the T-mobile JB zip file ROM but it isn't like the common ROMs, i.e. the zip file (let's call it zip file A) contains :
FOLDERS : META-INF
system
firmware (a compressed folder - in which the boot image is found I guess) (let's call this one zip file B)
FILES : fotaBoot
skin_fota

I have tried to install it using TWRP by flashing zip file A, but in vain. I have even tried to extract the folder so that I could flash zip file B,
but to no avail either. I couldn't found the usual boot.img file.

And now I am back to square one, as I am waiting for Trickdroid to bake into the official T-mobile JB ROM.

CONCLUSION :
I would like to install the T-mobile JB update on my device (which is indeed a T-mobile version). Did I mention that I live in France ? Does
this change anything in my case ?

Can anyone please help me ? I spend all of my free time looking for a solution on Google, but I haven't found anything yet.

I know it seems tough... but just follow these steps.
make sure debugging is enabled
make a backup in recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
then wipe the phone, Data, cache, dalvik, system, (not the SD)
plug your phone into your comp
use fastboot to push the stock Boot.img to the phone. (Flash Boot.img - HTC ONE S Ville C2)
then you should be able to run the RUU and everything should work

(please keep in mind that im not responsible. be sure to do your own research)
I currently have mine unrooted and gave to my GF. So its been a couple months since I did this last.
you can always poke around here for help too One S Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting - xda-developers

Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol