Phone stuck without rom, unable to load

Daniella Gutlansky

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I'm working on this problem for three days now, dont know what else I can do.

I have an htc one s (s3), hboot version 3.1.0, cid htc 612, twrp v 2.5.0.0.
My phone is stuck on the htc white screen ("quietly brilliant, this build is for...").
I could not find the correct ruu in the web so I cant go back to stock.

I am currently trying to change my cid (by this guide: [UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev - xda-developers ) but I get stuck at:

adb shell
su
/sbin/sh: su: not found

I tried to flash root and it seems like I have one, but the procedure above doesn't work..

does anyone know what can I do to be able to run su?

Thanks in advance

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I'm working on this problem for three days now, dont know what else I can do.

I have an htc one s (s3), hboot version 3.1.0, cid htc 612, twrp v 2.5.0.0.
My phone is stuck on the htc white screen ("quietly brilliant, this build is for...").
I could not find the correct ruu in the web so I cant go back to stock.

I am currently trying to change my cid (by this guide: [UNLOCK] AT&T Bootloader Unlock Through HTC-Dev - xda-developers ) but I get stuck at:

adb shell
su
/sbin/sh: su: not found

I tried to flash root and it seems like I have one, but the procedure above doesn't work..

does anyone know what can I do to be able to run su?

Thanks in advance

If it says to type (su) this means superuser permission. which means you need to be typing those commands on the phone terminal... not your computer.
and I would really think about changing your CID. Its complictated and can possibly screw you later if you wanted to return to stock.
I know HTC makes it difficult to root and have full access. they do it on purpose. but its not that hard to flash ROMs via fastboot. I did all the time. S-ON and never changed the CID.
I know there are tons of RUUs... Are you sure you couldnt find it? what carrier do you have?

but in order to flash a ROM... or even the RUU... remember you need to use fastboot to load the boot.img FIRST!!! or it will never work.

Daniella Gutlansky

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
also tried by terminal, but doesn't work.
Finally I was able to run su options via adb, but my changed won't be saved after boot ( = the change of the cid).
Meaning: I change the cid -> I reboot the phone -> cid file wasn't changed.

Any Idea why does it happen?

Also, Im trying desperately to find an RUU for my htc__621 cid. Do you know where can I find one?...

Thank You!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
also tried by terminal, but doesn't work.
Finally I was able to run su options via adb, but my changed won't be saved after boot ( = the change of the cid).
Meaning: I change the cid -> I reboot the phone -> cid file wasn't changed.

Any Idea why does it happen?

Also, Im trying desperately to find an RUU for my htc__621 cid. Do you know where can I find one?...

Thank You!

With the latest update from HTC (4.1.2) they made a change to the way the phone reads and writes. after booting it will not stick because HTC has protected the internal files even if you are rooted. the only way around this is if you are in recovery. (since the phone is not booted, you can change root files) but if the phone is booted and you make changes through the terminal it will not stick. Im sure there are some solutions... but when the phone updated I unrooted and bought a nexus. So I know longer deal with the One S. It was getting ridiculous with this phone.

have you read this yet Device Essential Material *** RUU,s / Recovery / Radio / Root / S-Off / Guides *** - xda-developers
Im sure it will just take some little research to figure out how to make it stick. Keep in mind. I never changed my CID so I dont know the process. I just dealt with fastboot, ADB, ROMs, Kernels, and of course RUUs so I could unroot.

Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non