HELP: Phone just died

Jan Dc

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
HELP!! Here's the issue:

I was listening to music on my HTC One S (via the 8tracks app, being connected to internet via WiFi) whilst charging it on an iDBUS travel bus from Brussels to Paris. All of a sudden, I heard a loud, high-pitched and prolonged noise through my headphones, at which point the screen turned black. I tried turning it on again via the power button but nothing happened.

The funny thing is that when I tried to charge it, the orange LED still lights up, but the phone does start to heat up rather rapidly - this happens everytime I try to charge it.

I've tried performing the hard reset by holding the power and volume buttons or accessing the bootload menu by pressing said buttons then releasing the power one but absolutely no luck. I've done this with and without the SIM card (whether or not this makes a difference I'm not really sure...). I've also connected the phone to my laptop via USB and using HTC Sync, but the software tells me that no phone is connected.

I don't really know what else to try out and therefore any help would be very gladly appreciated!!!!!!! MANY THANKS!

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
HELP!! Here's the issue:

I was listening to music on my HTC One S (via the 8tracks app, being connected to internet via WiFi) whilst charging it on an iDBUS travel bus from Brussels to Paris. All of a sudden, I heard a loud, high-pitched and prolonged noise through my headphones, at which point the screen turned black. I tried turning it on again via the power button but nothing happened.

The funny thing is that when I tried to charge it, the orange LED still lights up, but the phone does start to heat up rather rapidly - this happens everytime I try to charge it.

I've tried performing the hard reset by holding the power and volume buttons or accessing the bootload menu by pressing said buttons then releasing the power one but absolutely no luck. I've done this with and without the SIM card (whether or not this makes a difference I'm not really sure...). I've also connected the phone to my laptop via USB and using HTC Sync, but the software tells me that no phone is connected.

I don't really know what else to try out and therefore any help would be very gladly appreciated!!!!!!! MANY THANKS!

Sounds like the phone took its last breathe. I hope you have a warranty plan for it.
Id go to your carrier and see what options they have for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674