Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JHBThree
  • 2 Post By Phil Nickinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

Default FYI: No Android 4.2.2 for the One S

From HTC:

"We can confirm that the HTC One S will not receive further Android OS updates and will remain on the current version of Android and HTC Sense. We realize this news will be met with disappointment by some, but our customers should feel confident that we have designed the HTC One S to be optimized with our amazing camera and audio experiences."

Default Re: FYI: No Android 4.2.2 for the One S

Interesting... Phone has been out for what about 14 months with ICS and already has been stopped in its tracks...

Sure HTC will take a little slag over this one...
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Finally found and bought one to test out T-Mobile service in my area, and this... Very disappointed, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Look at it this way: they could have waited until it had been 18 months to say it wouldn't, which would have been their fulfillment of the update alliance thing.

This does beg the question of if the X will get 4.2.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Can anyone recommend a stable 4.2.2 ROM for this phone seeing as we won't get it officially? I have an experimental version of CyanogenMod running on mine just now - 10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-ville-m2 and it runs OK except from it won't connect to wifi or work as a hotspot. Neither major issues, but I like to occasionally use both of those features.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I have had a mostly positive experience with my one s, but this is disappointing news. I find it disappointing because there is no hardware limitations that would keep it from getting 4.2.2. I jumped from Samsung and their original galaxy S (I had a vibrant) to the one s, because I love the solid build of the one s. My next phone will be a Motorola. That's if tmobile will carry a moto phone that isn't a joke (CLIQ).

This makes me sad..

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,042 Global Posts

FYI, should you see any stories to the contrary (we've seen a couple bad ones today), HTC isn't rethinking the One S getting Android 4.2.2. It's just not happening. Done deal.
    Thanked by 2:
    Kevin O'Quinn and Ry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by neil ogg View Post
    Can anyone recommend a stable 4.2.2 ROM for this phone seeing as we won't get it officially? I have an experimental version of CyanogenMod running on mine just now - 10.1-20130304-EXPERIMENTAL-ville-m2 and it runs OK except from it won't connect to wifi or work as a hotspot. Neither major issues, but I like to occasionally use both of those features.

Try Liquid Smooth or Rootbox. I had luck with both of those
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:

This is what I received from HTC on August 9, 2013: Dear W. Smith,

I will be glad to help with your HTC One S. While it is true that the One S in Europe will not receive further updates to Android, we currently do not have information on whether this also applies to North American devices. Please check our website and official social networking channels, linked below, for any future announcements regarding your device.

Thank you for being a part of the HTC community. I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Douglas

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans? So what you think about that?