Dropped my HTC One S in the pool :/

luisrosal44

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys... again, I must remind you that I may have some errors on my typing because english is not my language.

So, today I was at a friend's house and I dropped my phone into the pool... I inmediatly jumped in and threw it away, and one of my buddies started to dry it with his shirt. He turned it on and said ''Hey! it still works!'' after that i got off the pool and i took it and when i turned it on there was one of these guys ! on the battery bar. It turned off and I turned it on again (biggest mistake of my ******* life). The screen got on, the ''HTC simply quiet'' or **** and it froze in there.

I put it in a bowl filled with rice and i was told to let it there for about 4 to 5 days.

I dont know what to do. Any advices?

Thanks in advance,

Luis.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Probably fried it. You NEVER turn on a phone that is wet. Put it in a bowl of rice without the battery and leave it there for 72 hours at the very minimum. Do not reassemble and try to turn it on before the 72 hours, I know it's hard but don'tdo it. After the 72 hours, check your phone throughly and make sure it looks dry. Reassemble and try to power up. Good luck, you'll need it. If it turns on and works fine, it is your lucky day. If it doesn't, then time to buy another phone or try to send it in for repair.
Note: your warranty was voided when it got wet, so you will have to pay for the repair.
Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using AC Forums mobile app

luisrosal44

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I got an HTC One S, you cant disassemble or idk what word you use haha. In this moment the phone is in a bowl of rice, i turned it on twice and afterwards put it in the bowl, but im hoping it will work :/

Thanks for helping!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz