Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Audio FIles Won't play

I Have a HTC One s with a GoSmart sim card. I have had this phone for over 5 months with no problems. On New Years eve, my phone was acting weird and couldnt play any music files. When i would play it song, it would say "Unable to play this type of audio file" Then i try to play a video on youtube, and it would say "There was a problem while playing touch to retry" Nothing that had to do with sound worked. Alarms, ringtones, and even phone calls wouldnt work. When someone would call me, it would be silent, and when i answered, no sound would come out. I restored my phone to it's factory settings and at first it didnt work, i restarted my phone like 2 times after restoring it, and it worked. I was able to listen to music, play videos, and talk on the phone. This only lasted 5 days. i dont want to go through the hassle of restoring my phone again. Can anyone help me?

Default Re: Audio FIles Won't play

Welcome to Android Central! In the future, if this happens again, try wiping the system cache partition following these instructions. You won't lose any personal data or settings.

Reset: HTC One S | T-Mobile Support
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I followed all of the steps exactly and the problem still continues

Posted via Android Central App

The only other suggestion I have at this time is to try booting into Safe Mode and see if the problem persists. Safe Mode prevents 3rd party apps from running, so if the problem stops, then it may have been caused by one of the apps you installed. If the problem persists, then there might be issues with the system or with the hardware. Instructions for Safe Mode are in that same document I linked to earlier, all the way at the bottom: Reset: HTC One S | T-Mobile Support
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I tried booting it to safe mode last night. The problem still continued , so I restarted my phone to turn off safe mode and in doing this, it worked for a few hours but the problem returned

Posted via Android Central App

Hmm, sounds like a problem with the system or the hardware. I don't think I can help much more. You might want to start talking to HTC--is the phone still under warranty?

i have the same problem i remove sim card and power on then power off and insert sim card then power on