Attempt at rooting

SubCamp

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all!

I have an HTC One S, and i'm trying to unlock the bootloader. I am stuck at getting the identifier token.. I go to the cmd prompt, narrow it down to the folder the fastboot files are in and then type fastboot oem get_identifier_token and instead of it fetching the token it says <waiting for device> anyone have any ideas?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I have an HTC One S, and i'm trying to unlock the bootloader. I am stuck at getting the identifier token.. I go to the cmd prompt, narrow it down to the folder the fastboot files are in and then type fastboot oem get_identifier_token and instead of it fetching the token it says <waiting for device> anyone have any ideas?

It means that fastboot is not being read correctly. Are you using Windows 7 or 8? Do you have the correct drivers installed?

SubCamp

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
8.1 has some problems with fastboot. Do you have access to a Windows 7 computer? I forgot to ask this as well, are you using USB 3.0 or 2.0?

ahh damn windows 8.. My Surface Pro has a USB 3.0 port but i'm using a 2.0 cable.. unfortunately all windows 8 computers in my home