Why do audio stop working on my HTC One S?

A

AC Question

why audio stops working on htc one s ?

Hello,
I have the same issue. Out of the blue, sound just stops working with or without earphones. In the biginning a simple powercylce would resolve the issue for a few hours. When sound is not fonctionning, if I try to play a song (which works fine when sound works) I get a music playback error without any details.
Now the only way to get sound back is to do a factory reset and even then doesn't work every time, sometime I have to do it more than once.
This is very annoying as when sound does not work I can't make any calls...
Anyone have a fix for this? Sounds like a software glitch as sound comes back after multiple powercycles or factory resets...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why audio stops working on htc one s ?

Welcome to Android Central! Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-14146
If the problem disappears in Safe Mode, then something you installed is causing the problem. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem disappears. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then it's more likely to be a hardware or firmware problem.

Studlier

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: why audio stops working on htc one s ?

I've had this problem off and on for several months now. Sometimes rebooting helps, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes pulling out the sim card and rebooting twice helps, sometimes it doesn't. Safe reboot didn't help. This problem has been reported on other threads and forums, but none of the solutions has worked for me. Anyone have this problem and find a solution?