Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is there a way to save settings/apps/home screen layout?

I want to swap out my HTC One X for a new one.
    Is it possible to make save all my settings/apps/home screen layout so I can instantly restore them on the new phone?

Global Posts
    874 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Default Re: Is there a way to save settings/apps/home screen layout?

First of all, are you rooted? If not, I don't think you can save settings and data. If you are rooted there is Titanium Backup from the Play Store will backup everything you want except for layout.

This is one of the biggest things I would like added to Android. I can't understand why there isn't a sync/backup option available for computers like itunes or Palm has.

How hard could it be to offer? I know plenty of iOS users who are reluctant to switch on that point alone.

Come on Google.... Get with it.

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

Without being rooted, you can make use of an application available on the Play Store called My BackupPro. It allows you to save your homescreens, applications, settings, application data as well as messages and the like. Check it out on https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...NrdXBQcm8iXQ..

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7

just read there's sort of undocumented feature in ICS that can do phone backup (as long as manufacture haven't removed it)
    refer to xda post for more details: [GUIDE] Full Phone Backup without Unlock or Root - xda-developers