Will multitasking be fixed in the One X+ ?

Mr.Sea

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Things run in the background, tasks finish on my HOX. Isn't that multitasking?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

PreJamison

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
This issue was fixed a long time ago

Really? Was it that check / uncheck "don't keep activities " thing that fixed it? I've read that wasn't a total fix / permanent solution. Or was it something else that fixed it?

I've only had the opportunity to play with several one x in an AT&T store. My experience on each of them wasn't good for multitasking. Even with only two or three apps open each would reload every time I'd go back to them. It was especially bad with internet tabs reloading each time I switched. I tested apps like weather, maps, YouTube, internet, messaging - they all would reload.

You're saying that never happens to you on your one x?

Who knows. Those store devices get beat up on I'm sure. Also, they have that display mode / walk through thing that kicks on randomly. They appeared to be updated though.

I just hope it works without needing fixing / Modding on the one x+.

Mr.Sea

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
My HOX does refresh the screen every time I switch apps, but it refreshes with updated information. For example I can switch away from Speedtest and when I switch back later it has finished running. On my iPad it just stops and picks up again when I go back to it.

PreJamison

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Any word on whether the Sense memory management tweak (errrr multitasking problem) will be resolved with the AT&T HTC One X+ ?

Well I picked up the At&t HTC One x+ today and I can confirm that multitasking has NOT been fixed. What a freaking joke.

14 days to decide whether I'll be taking it back. Why HTC!!!!!!

[Update] I guess it isn't so bad with regular use. The "issue" is easy to recreate, but if you aren't deliberately trying to look for it, I don't think you will notice so much. We shall see how it fairs with day-to-day regular use in the next few days. Otherwise, it's a pretty awesome phone.

Last edited:

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Well I picked up the At&t HTC One x+ today and I can confirm that multitasking has NOT been fixed. What a freaking joke.

14 days to decide whether I'll be taking it back. Why HTC!!!!!!

[Update] I guess it isn't so bad with regular use. The "issue" is easy to recreate, but if you aren't deliberately trying to look for it, I don't think you will notice so much. We shall see how it fairs with day-to-day regular use in the next few days. Otherwise, it's a pretty awesome phone.

How's the battery life?

PreJamison

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
How's the battery life?

Well..... I swapped my first one because the battery life wasn't good. I was only getting 9-10 hours of moderate to light use.

I haven't had a normal work day to compare the new one, but it seems to be better. I'll try to post back with results.

I'm hoping to get at least 14 hours of moderate/ light use. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

difranco90

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Android user but I can say that I've been running multiple apps at 1 time on my new 1 x plus and I don't seem to be having any problems there. Only problem I have is I was an iPod user and the email app doesn't seem to have the features that Apple I pod had. When you delete an email you go back out to the list instead of being able to go directly to the next email in your list. Also apples native email had up and down arrows so that you can scroll from 1 email to the next up and down WHEREAS the 1 x plus doesn't have that feature.my final bug is that sometimes when you open an email the 1 x plus there will be a link and it won't be highlighted and you won't be able to tap on it and you won't be able to access that information.

the size of the screen is great, Google Maps and navigation rules but there's just a few features I miss leaving iPhone for android but overall I'm enjoying the phone a lot.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a new Android user but I can say that I've been running multiple apps at 1 time on my new 1 x plus and I don't seem to be having any problems there. Only problem I have is I was an iPod user and the email app doesn't seem to have the features that Apple I pod had. When you delete an email you go back out to the list instead of being able to go directly to the next email in your list. Also apples native email had up and down arrows so that you can scroll from 1 email to the next up and down WHEREAS the 1 x plus doesn't have that feature.my final bug is that sometimes when you open an email the 1 x plus there will be a link and it won't be highlighted and you won't be able to tap on it and you won't be able to access that information.

the size of the screen is great, Google Maps and navigation rules but there's just a few features I miss leaving iPhone for android but overall I'm enjoying the phone a lot.

I felt the same way when I initially got mine but after a few weeks with Android I couldn't imagine going back. I definitely don't even consider it as an option now.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
When you delete an email you go back out to the list instead of being able to go directly to the next email in your list.

Use the Gmail app instead. You can set it to go back to the inbox, to the previous email, or to the next email. I agree the stock HTC Mail app needs a lot of work.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000