Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PreJamison
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Will multitasking be fixed in the One X+ ?

Any word on whether the Sense memory management tweak (errrr multitasking problem) will be resolved with the AT&T HTC One X+ ?
    MangoPowah likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Will multitasking be fixed in the One X+ ?

Hmmm.... It should be better I guess...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

If htc wants it to be their best selling phone of 2012 im sure they took alot of time looking into it.?

Sent from my S3(:

I'm hoping so.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

This guy Paul O'Brien (posting: #askmodaco - the HTC One X+) claims it has been fixed):

I have know clue about the reliability of the source.

I really hope so. I want to buy the One X+, but I don't think I could live with how it reloads apps / browser tabs on almost every switch.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    This guy Paul O'Brien (posting: #askmodaco - the HTC One X+) claims it has been fixed):

I have know clue about the reliability of the source.

I really hope so. I want to buy the One X+, but I don't think I could live with how it reloads apps / browser tabs on almost every switch.
    He's reliable.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

This issue was fixed a long time ago

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Things run in the background, tasks finish on my HOX. Isn't that multitasking?

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Duke007down View Post
    This issue was fixed a long time ago

Really? Was it that check / uncheck "don't keep activities " thing that fixed it? I've read that wasn't a total fix / permanent solution. Or was it something else that fixed it?

I've only had the opportunity to play with several one x in an AT&T store. My experience on each of them wasn't good for multitasking. Even with only two or three apps open each would reload every time I'd go back to them. It was especially bad with internet tabs reloading each time I switched. I tested apps like weather, maps, YouTube, internet, messaging - they all would reload.

You're saying that never happens to you on your one x?

Who knows. Those store devices get beat up on I'm sure. Also, they have that display mode / walk through thing that kicks on randomly. They appeared to be updated though.

I just hope it works without needing fixing / Modding on the one x+.

My HOX does refresh the screen every time I switch apps, but it refreshes with updated information. For example I can switch away from Speedtest and when I switch back later it has finished running. On my iPad it just stops and picks up again when I go back to it.

11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Any word on whether the Sense memory management tweak (errrr multitasking problem) will be resolved with the AT&T HTC One X+ ?
    Well I picked up the At&t HTC One x+ today and I can confirm that multitasking has NOT been fixed. What a freaking joke.

14 days to decide whether I'll be taking it back. Why HTC!!!!!!

[Update] I guess it isn't so bad with regular use. The "issue" is easy to recreate, but if you aren't deliberately trying to look for it, I don't think you will notice so much. We shall see how it fairs with day-to-day regular use in the next few days. Otherwise, it's a pretty awesome phone.
    Last edited by Jamison; 11-17-2012 at 07:25 AM.

Well I picked up the At&t HTC One x+ today and I can confirm that multitasking has NOT been fixed. What a freaking joke.

14 days to decide whether I'll be taking it back. Why HTC!!!!!!

[Update] I guess it isn't so bad with regular use. The "issue" is easy to recreate, but if you aren't deliberately trying to look for it, I don't think you will notice so much. We shall see how it fairs with day-to-day regular use in the next few days. Otherwise, it's a pretty awesome phone.
    How's the battery life?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by garment69 View Post
    How's the battery life?
    Well..... I swapped my first one because the battery life wasn't good. I was only getting 9-10 hours of moderate to light use.

I haven't had a normal work day to compare the new one, but it seems to be better. I'll try to post back with results.

I'm hoping to get at least 14 hours of moderate/ light use. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

I'm a new Android user but I can say that I've been running multiple apps at 1 time on my new 1 x plus and I don't seem to be having any problems there. Only problem I have is I was an iPod user and the email app doesn't seem to have the features that Apple I pod had. When you delete an email you go back out to the list instead of being able to go directly to the next email in your list. Also apples native email had up and down arrows so that you can scroll from 1 email to the next up and down WHEREAS the 1 x plus doesn't have that feature.my final bug is that sometimes when you open an email the 1 x plus there will be a link and it won't be highlighted and you won't be able to tap on it and you won't be able to access that information.

the size of the screen is great, Google Maps and navigation rules but there's just a few features I miss leaving iPhone for android but overall I'm enjoying the phone a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by difranco90 View Post
    I'm a new Android user but I can say that I've been running multiple apps at 1 time on my new 1 x plus and I don't seem to be having any problems there. Only problem I have is I was an iPod user and the email app doesn't seem to have the features that Apple I pod had. When you delete an email you go back out to the list instead of being able to go directly to the next email in your list. Also apples native email had up and down arrows so that you can scroll from 1 email to the next up and down WHEREAS the 1 x plus doesn't have that feature.my final bug is that sometimes when you open an email the 1 x plus there will be a link and it won't be highlighted and you won't be able to tap on it and you won't be able to access that information.

the size of the screen is great, Google Maps and navigation rules but there's just a few features I miss leaving iPhone for android but overall I'm enjoying the phone a lot.
    I felt the same way when I initially got mine but after a few weeks with Android I couldn't imagine going back. I definitely don't even consider it as an option now.

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by difranco90 View Post
    When you delete an email you go back out to the list instead of being able to go directly to the next email in your list.
    Use the Gmail app instead. You can set it to go back to the inbox, to the previous email, or to the next email. I agree the stock HTC Mail app needs a lot of work.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

go into developer option and go to advanced there is an option to disable the background limit

MY ONE X PLUS IS GIVING ME A *****!!

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Will multitasking be fixed in the One X+ ?-uploadfromtaptalk1356772470904.jpg  

so you can have up to 4 apps running at the same time?

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Bout 6

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    Bout 6

That seems good enough.

sent from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

So are you checking 4 and its fixing the issue ? Just picked up a One X + (my note 2 is down do to being thrown by accident) picked up a One X + and love it as a pure smartphone except this slight issue

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

get your phones rooted itll solve this issue, and this background process limit doesnt work everything still resets it self