Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I trade my One X for the One X+?

I just upgraded my phone to a One X last week (if only I had held out for one more week!), and now that the X+ is coming out, I'm really wondering if it's worth it to exchange. I'm a casual user, not interested in rooting, but I like to store a lot of media - pictures, music, videos, etc. Is it worth the extra $100 for someone like me? I love my X, but I'm concerned about the storage issue. Any advice?

Global Posts
    1,797 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Default Re: Should I trade my One X for the One X+?

I'd do it,I gotta pay the full 560 to get it tho. :/ lol. So get it while you can friend,that updated version in my opinion is worth it.

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

I'm in the same boat, as I purchased a HOX exactly 1 week ago. I'm definitely exchanging my device out and paying the extra $100. Although I love the performance and white design, I really feel that the HOX+ will serve me better in the long run. More flexibility in storage and a slightly larger battery takes priority over the look, which is only the color. I'm not concerned with the performance of the Tegra 3 because I'm not a mobile gamer. I'm anxious to see how the power-saving 5 core carries me through the day while streaming music, and auto syncing my e-mail and social network accounts every 15 mins.

The way I see it, the 25gb free from Dropbox for 2 years is nice. But when that two years is up, HOX owners will be forced to upgrade their account with Dropbox to maintain more than 16gb space. With a HOX+ you get the 64gb in addition to the 25gb for a total 84gb. Do I need that much right now? Probably not, but over the life of my contract (2 years) I don't want to have to worry about deleting videos or photos to free up space just to take more.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,589 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Do it if you can afford it.