One X+, unreasonable slow charging, and very short battery life

BlueWRXPride

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had my One X+ for about 5 days now and I really like the phone, except I'm very disappointed with the battery life so far. First, it takes a very long time to charge. I downloaded an app which would give me the history of the battery percentage, and last night I plugged it into the included wall charger at 15%. It took a full 6 hours for the battery to reach 100%. That seems like an unusually slow charge. I've even seen many times where it is plugged in, and I'm downloading an app, listening to music, and browsing the web or playing a game, but yet the battery is still decreasing! I've seen that before using a USB charger, but not a wall charger. That all wouldn't be so bad if it stayed charged. I intentionally didn't use the phone much this morning, only checked a few emails, no calls, wifi off for most of the time, bluetooth off, and about 45 min of pandora streaming over LTE. By noon it was down to 50%. At noon I started playing Hill Climb Racing, which I consider to be a fairly non-cpu intensive game to play. After playing 15 min it had dropped down to 35%. I can't imagine this is normal, right? Is there such a thing as getting a bad battery in a phone? Should I try to exchange it?

This is my first android phone moving from an iPhone. I realize that having widgets and such can drain your battery, but I don't have many on the phone anyway.

lynnpudas

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
What Android is famous for is customization and their great OS. What they &Htc in particular are notorious for is crappy battery life. I'm surprised streaming pandora didn't drain the battery more. I usually steam music when I'm driving and usually connect to the car charger if my drive is more than a fewminutes even if phone is fully charged. That being said, you might want to exchange it for a new phone just to be sure it's not more than usual crappy battery life. Personally I'd switch to Samsung. They generally have better battery life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Something is definitely wrong. I have yet to get on LTE but I don't think a battery should be discharging that fast. On my HOX+ I'm getting very good battery life with social networks, gmail and weather set to auto sync. When my battery reaches 35%, it only takes me about an hour to get back to 100%. When phone is off the charger, it will drop to about 85% if in standby for 8 hours or so.
. make sure your sync options are not set to every minute and unsync the stuff you dont need.

BlueWRXPride

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The only things I have set to auto sync are: Facebook contacts and live feed, google stuff, stocks (when opened or every 4 hrs), weather (when opened or every 3 hrs) and that's it. I'm not sure where the option is to set the sync interval for facebook or google.

BlueWRXPride

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have a quick update on this. I went back to the AT&T store last night and told them what was going on. They gave me a new phone with zero hassles. I got home and got the battery down to 10% by installing all my apps back on there. According to the battery manager, it took only 2.5 hrs to charge back to 100% which is much better than the 6 hrs needed by the other phone! I'm hoping that today shows the battery life lasting much longer then on the other phone!

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Standard usb HTC charger is about 1.2 amps we need a 2 amp like a tablet. I got a 1.5 amp car charger it dose the trick ,on a 15 min ride to work. It's bc of the tegra 3 quad core. If your gaming and streaming music. Your going to be taking more energy than what's being put it. Think of it as running bath water with the drain open. It will just becomes stand still and the tub won't get full. And letting it get that low isng good for the batterry.
Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
im in the same boat i sat at work with it charging for an hour and stayed at 61% it is very annoying.... I got it on ebay so can i return this?

If you didn't buy it from AT&T, you can't return it to AT&T. That's like trying to return a juicer to Kohls that you bought on Amazon.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Turns out I had a defective device I sent it back to at&t I'm on my second one the first had screen seperation and a messed up battery and camera. This one seems amazing :)

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed battery charging is a little slow. It takes quite a bit longer then my ONE x. Doesn't bother me too bad tho,everything else is fine. Phone warms up a bit when playing graphic intense games that use all 4 cores.

From my ONE X+ :-D

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Well may be we should invest in 2 amp chargers. You see the supplied dongle is 1.0 amps. This is the same as the last 2 years. Batteries have gotten bigger. Phones more powerful. I have a 1.5 amp car charger charves it well on the road. So why not get a 2 amp??

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well may be we should invest in 2 amp chargers. You see the supplied dongle is 1.0 amps. This is the same as the last 2 years. Batteries have gotten bigger. Phones more powerful. I have a 1.5 amp car charger charves it well on the road. So why not get a 2 amp??

I've noticed the best chargers are the micro USB BlackBerry wall chargers. I have a bunch sitting around from when my job gave us BlackBerrys and its amazing how fast they charge Android phones.

Sent from my HTC One S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith