HTC One X+ Sync Issues

l7weenie

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got my new HTC One X+ yesterday from ATT. Couldn't have been more excited to finally have it, and when I get home to try and sync, none of my media will sync. I got all my contacts and things of that nature synced fine through google, but when I tried to add some music, videos, etc, this is where the problem occurs. As soon as I plugged in my HTC into my mac, a folder opens with HTC Sync Manager in it. I figured it should work flawlessly after install, but I installed the program, imported in some music to see if it worked, and in the top right corner of HTC Sync Manager it says no device. I can't even browse my phone through the sd card on my mac, I get no option to mount as disk drive on my HTC, and am pretty much at a loss right now as to how to sync music on my phone. I've been uploading to dropbox, and downloading back onto my phone, but with 50gb of music, that's a little unreasonable, and there has to be a better option. I've tried turning on/off debugging, allowing mock locations, and keeping the screen on while charging, but nothing changes. Is this just a minor bug that needs to be fixed, or am I the only one? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the HTC sync software to no avail. Kinda angry that I have this phone with beats audio software and all this cool music and video capabilities, with no success when I try to sync. Regardless, this phone is a step ahead of what I had before, now I just want to figure out how to use it. Any one with tips or advice, please help a newbie out haha. I'm not too tech illiterate, but I'm seriously stuck right now. I tried googling a solution, but couldn't find one.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Seems HTC builds their software on windows machines. Even still stuck on pos vista I can transfer all my files thru sync manager. Now if it's iTunes that mite be why. Apple dosen't like any other device besides mac and I devices for the music. So it could be a sync manager issue who knows? Call HTC and see if they have a support for mac.
Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

Rato Tapes

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
My experiences with HTC ONE X+ and my mac air with mountain lion so far: TERRIBLE

This is what I get when I simple plus my phone on my air... So lets restart the phone and see what happens...

Right, so I unlocked the phone to check it and I got folders to appear for 3 seconds then the same message on first picture appears...
Ok, so let's give htc sync manager at try then..

And that's what I got. NO PHONE could be identified.. Strange, lets bloody restart this piece of crap again..

Seems promissing but it stays there until phone gets restarted, but then, once it finally gets ready for use..

It asks to install the same app that is installed and trying to identify the device on the background... Right, maybe it's just a bad download, lets do it.
I click on the app to install and of course, it doesn't work on firefox, so I paste the download link into safari and it starts downloading the app to my applications folder..

Ok Application finally completes download. Lets start it...

My Mac info

It's so frustrating that I cannot access my damn files, can't get my pics or insert any music... I have sold my old iphone 4s to buy this CRAP ?
I'm beyond the edge of getting refund. This is just way too stupid.
Does anyone have any clues or good news on this matter ?
Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01