Randomly not reading SIM card

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having the SIM card randomly not showing in phone? This has happened about 10-15 times. I have to put phone in airplane mode and then back on regular.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It's happened a few times when I first got my regular X. Just powered off the phone, took out sim and reinserted, and booted up. Hasn't happened ever since.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Some times it dosent fit on the trey compleatly. Power it off use the SIM tool pop it out then simply gently push it in the trey. It should be flush with the trey then gently put it in the phone. Used to happen a lot with me then I did that. Hasn't happened since :)

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 3rd one x for this issue. Tried troubleshooting every possible way for the sim but just used warranty. So far so good with my refurb ht25 but the issue would show up after 4-6weeks. I'm thinking the heat that gets produced during heavy gaming or as a wifi hotspot has a hand in the issue.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've been having the same issue lately. I'll be sure to take out the SIM and pop it back in when I get home.

binxiboo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue and instead of getting a refurb, I received a new sim, and put tape on it like many others stated to do online. It's been three weeks and no issues. Hoping it works permanently even though it shouldn't have to be like that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Ron Fisher

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my One X+ since October. Had the problem the first week I got it and had best buy replace the SIM, didn't have the problem for a few months. Now I might go a day or so without it happening, other days it'll happen 5-10 times and I have to constantly restart my phone.

HTC offered 2 solutions that haven't worked for me. One was to turn off quick restart and that was supposed to fox it. The other solution was to put it in airplane mode and restart it, then take it out of airplane mode. Nothing has worked for me.

idgie21

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
This is my first replacement with the One XL because of this. The guy at T-Mobile offered two solutions for my old phone, one was to take the SIM out and use a hairdryer on the inside of the SIM holder, (personally, I think blowing in it might be enough to remove any dust) or he said that sometimes the SIM cards are a bit loose and to try and put a small bit of thin card on top of the SIM when putting back in so that it is more secure. I must admit the "blasting it with air" was good enough stop any further problems until I had the new one. Will have to wait and see if it happens with this one.

Posted via Android Central App

Steve Fox1

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
This will be my 4th HTC One "S". because of this problem. This has always been a problem once the phone starts to get hot or "overheated". It should not happen. Try putting the phone next to your face after charging it up with an approved charger. The heat is dissipating through the top of the phone near the SIM card. I think this phone needs a major design overhaul to address this SIM card issue. I love the pictures and the sound from this phone but the device is a phone and I should be able to use it as such instead of having to restart the phone or turn off the phone, take out the SIM card, and then start up the phone. BOGUS!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge