Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    dmxjago's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    Does anyone know if the htc one + has the same interment wifi issues like the One X when putting the screen into sleep mode?

    How about multi tasking does it have the typical Android true multi tasking or fake multi tasking like One X when you switch apps after a while it just auto refreshes the app rather then loading the app on the current state it was left on.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    Unfortunately it has the fake multitasking. I purchased and returned a One X for this reason. I picked up a One X+ thinking for sure that this issue would be solved, but it wasn't. So I will be returning the One X+ as well. Facebook, web pages, Twitter, etc. all refresh from the start whenever you leave it. It is unbelievable that they didnt fix it.

    As for the WiFi, it doesn't go into sleep mode if you turn off the Power Saver.
  3. #3  
    pazzo02's Avatar

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

    Default Re: HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    Quote Originally Posted by orange-man1 View Post
    Unfortunately it has the fake multitasking. I purchased and returned a One X for this reason. I picked up a One X+ thinking for sure that this issue would be solved, but it wasn't. So I will be returning the One X+ as well. Facebook, web pages, Twitter, etc. all refresh from the start whenever you leave it. It is unbelievable that they didnt fix it.
    Not in my experience. If I exit an app using the home button instead of the back button, when I go back to the app it's right where I left it. Of course you can't open like 20 different apps and expect it not to autoclose some for memory management.
    HTC Inspire 4G - retired
    HTC One X+ (HOX+)
  4. #4  

    Default HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    Not in my experience. If I exit an app using the home button instead of the back button, when I go back to the app it's right where I left it. Of course you can't open like 20 different apps and expect it not to autoclose some for memory management.
    If you open just 3 apps, any browser, Twitter and Facebook and scroll down a few screen lengths in each. Then go to a 4th app of any kind for, say 3-5 minutes. When you go back, all three of those apps will refresh and take you back to the top. Not where you were previously reading. Then you have to scroll back down the continue where you left off. It's very annoying if you are reading an article on a browser and then get a text or email or phone call, you lose your place because the phone is designed this way for whatever reason. If you just have a game or something, it might hold your place, but any of the common apps I mentioned can't have their places held as they do on all other phones.

    No other phone has this quirk. With any other Android, iPhone, etc. it keeps your place.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    Depending on your usage patterns, it could drive you crazy or you might not notice it at all.

    If you jump around between apps that require internet content like a browser and you don't finish what you were doing and try to go back, it will be a big problem. If you mostly play games and text, or read all of your Facebook posts and expect that when you return 10 minutes later that there will be new stuff, you might think the multitasking works perfectly.

    I'm trying to stop a discussion of "yes or no". Definitely, yes, there is a multitasking issue that operates differently than any other phone. The usage pattern of any given individual will determine whether they notice it or consider it problematic.

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
  6. #6  
    pazzo02's Avatar

    Posts
    1,031 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

    Default Re: HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    I agree with you orange-man, it would drive me crazy too. It's definitely a usage style issue, but if it doesn't happen with other devices, then it could be some bug in the ROM. Hopefully it would get fixed in the next update, but only if HTC gets enough harrassment over it.
    HTC Inspire 4G - retired
    HTC One X+ (HOX+)
  7. #7  

    Default Re: HTC One X vs. One X wifi &, multi tasking

    Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    I agree with you orange-man, it would drive me crazy too. It's definitely a usage style issue, but if it doesn't happen with other devices, then it could be some bug in the ROM. Hopefully it would get fixed in the next update, but only if HTC gets enough harrassment over it.
    Pazzo, I read enough about this subject and it is not a bug. HTC did it intentionally to keep the phone running smoothly. I'm no expert, but I've read posts where people say that Sense takes up a lot of memory and if the phone had more RAM it wouldn't be a problem. It's like the free space isn't enough so they have to do tricks like this. It was this way on the One X, and I was sure they would fix it on the One X+, but they didn't.

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. HTC One X vs Samsung Galaxy S3
    By saintforlife in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 03-05-2013, 05:49 AM
  2. HTC One X vs HTC Vivid
    By fernandez21 in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 04:08 PM
  3. HTC One X vs iPhone 4S display
    By saintforlife in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 12:48 PM
  4. HTC One S vs. Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    By FreakyLocz14 in forum HTC One S
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
  5. HTC ONE S vs. Motorola RAZR?
    By cubatista92 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

B