1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does anyone know what DLNAMiddleLayer is please??

hi i was wondering if anyone could help me with something..i have HTC Desire X (not one x but couldnt find a section for htc desire series) running android 4.0 ICS and Sense 4.0 whilst checking through task manager i found an app running that i cant seem to find in the apps section on the setting menu on the phone. the app is called DLNAMiddleLayer..i have no idea what it is all i know is it is somehow running on my phone but does not appear to be installed. i did a bit of research and found something to do with video streaming but it didnt explain what it is or what it does..was wondering if anyone on here has come accross this before and could help me to figure out what it is and what it does since it is not in the app list on my phone i have no way of finding out on my phone. i wasnt sure wether it was something malicious or wether it was ment to be there..just cant understand how it can be running and not be in the app list on my phone.. thanks if ya can help would be nice to find out what it is.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Default Re: Does anyone know what DLNAMiddleLayer is please??

I'm trying to find an answer to this same question. HtcDLNAMiddleLayer is killing the battery on my HTC Evo 4G LTE.

Right now I suspect HTC's Media Link (which I don't even use), but I'd love some confirmation on this.

I'd also like to know how to get rid of it or turn it off.