1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One Sleep Mode When Charging

I have the new HTC One from Verizon. Not the X, not the S, just the "One". My question, how do you prevent the screen from sleeping while charging? My old Droid Incredible had a setting that allowed me to say, "Don't sleep while Charging". This seems to be nowhere in this phone and the only setting I can find is sleep after 10 minutes. I want it to stay on while charging and not sleep at all. Help!
    I don't want to use the setting to automatically turn off data connection during periods of inactivity. This is not the same thing. I just want the screen to stop turning off and making me keep put my password back in. THANKS!
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: HTC One Sleep Mode When Charging

Quote Originally Posted by Dtuck777 View Post
    I have the new HTC One from Verizon. Not the X, not the S, just the "One". My question, how do you prevent the screen from sleeping while charging? My old Droid Incredible had a setting that allowed me to say, "Don't sleep while Charging". This seems to be nowhere in this phone and the only setting I can find is sleep after 10 minutes. I want it to stay on while charging and not sleep at all. Help!
    I don't want to use the setting to automatically turn off data connection during periods of inactivity. This is not the same thing. I just want the screen to stop turning off and making me keep put my password back in. THANKS!
    I don't see a way to do it on my AT&T One with 4.3. I never looked on 4.2, but I wouldn't think they would take it away if it was there.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I leave my phone on silent at work. But if it keeps sleeping I can't tell if anything is coming through. 10 minutes is a little ridiculous. They should at least have an hour or 4 hours or 8 hours as settings. Ideally you should be able to turn it off from sleeping. Not cool.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Just heard back from HTC One support. They said there is no way to do that. Lame....
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,931 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Hmm that is kinda weird.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Cool Re: HTC One Sleep Mode When Charging

They Are LYING!

You need 2 bits of info

then this!

Happy Charging
    Thanked by:

U was able to bring back developer options however the awake option or never sleep option was nit available as you have posted as 2nd bit of information

i used this: