How do I turn off the Swype keyboard on my HTC one?

A

AC Question

I would rather go back to the HTC sense input keyboard but cannot figure out how to disable Swype now that I accidentally enabled it. Please advise!

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Bring up the keyboard by clicking the Google Search bar

swipe down the notification bar and click the keyboard and select a new one.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
If that doesn't work...go to settings > language and input > keyboard and input method and change the default keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SOKP 4.4.2

Valerie Fontenot

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
thank you so much, i also accidentally got the new swype keyboard and just spent way too much time going through all my settings trying to get it back to normal. i could "swype" with the original keyboard and this new one just doesn't work the same. i was spending more time correcting then texting. i don't like change.

yaan 2003

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: How do u turn off the Swype keyboard on my HTC one?

There is a keyboard app that asked u which keyboard u want and u can change it to regular or a different type it's called emoji keyboard cute cute emotions

Brenda Reid

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
After trying all the other suggestions to no avail, I finally went to Settings, Apps, All and scrolled down to Swype. Clicked on Swipe, hit Disable and then Stop. Back to normal!!!!

I h8 swype

Mar 6, 2017
Visit site
I tried what you said but when i went to type on google to see if it changed, no keyboard popped up. it was completely blank. i couldnt see any keys or anything....Plz help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781