Can I get some help with screen dimming?

Coryb1971

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Need help with screen dimming

Hi there, I have a HTC One and was wondering why the screen goes dim on it's own. I have the screen timeout set to one hour and none of the battery saving modes are enabled. It only does it intermediately. Sometimes it will stay bright for the entire hour and other times it will dim in a few minutes. I know that the screen usually dims a few seconds before it is going to shut off but mine just goes dim and stays dim until I touch the screen.

Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Cory

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need help with screen dimming

Hi there, I have a HTC One and was wondering why the screen goes dim on it's own. I have the screen timeout set to one hour and none of the battery saving modes are enabled. It only does it intermediately. Sometimes it will stay bright for the entire hour and other times it will dim in a few minutes. I know that the screen usually dims a few seconds before it is going to shut off but mine just goes dim and stays dim until I touch the screen.

Any help would be great,
Thanks,
Cory

Set the display timeout to "Never" in the display preferences.

Coryb1971

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site

Set the display timeout to "Never" in the display preferences.

I don't have that option on my phone, I only have auto sleep and all different times up to one hour. I have it set for one hour now. The screen is supposed to dim a few seconds before it shuts off right? I tried setting the timeout time to 15 seconds and the screen dimmed but didn't shut off. Any ideas why it wouldn't shut off? I tried it several times.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Do you have auto brightness enabled? That can interact with the screen dimming in ways that make you wonder what's going on, until you realize that - even though you weren't aware of it - where you put your hand dimmed the light getting to the sensor or stopped dimming it.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site

Do you have auto brightness enabled? That can interact with the screen dimming in ways that make you wonder what's going on, until you realize that - even though you weren't aware of it - where you put your hand dimmed the light getting to the sensor or stopped dimming it.

Good idea!