Phone with HTC repair center since a month, what should I do to get it back?

A

AC Question

Phone with HTC repair center since a month

My HTC One had a purple/pink tint while taking pictures, which basically rendered my much hyped phone camera useless. I called the HTC Support, and they assured me that it was a hardware problem, the company took responsibility for it and would be happy to fix it and return it within 10 days. They told me how to send it to them, and I did. As per the USPS website, they received it on March 9, 2015.
It has been a month now, my ticket number has been changed thrice, I have been told I will get the status of my phone the very next day, etc. Each time I speak to a customer representative, they ask me the whole story, including the USPS tracking number again. Every alternate day, I spend an hour talking to the customer reps, with no outcome at all. I have tried getting in touch with the management, but no one has replied to my e-mails. I have had over 10 online chats and 4 calls with customer reps. No one is ready to tell me where my phone is.

What should I do now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone with HTC repair center since a month

Welcome to Android Central! That's pretty annoying. Here are some tips:

1. The next time you talk to a rep, ask them if they can take notes about the whole problem and save it to some file with your ticket number. That's what they should be doing anyway. So when you call again, give your ticket number and ask the agent to take a few minutes to review the notes before beginning the discussion.

2. Ask the rep if you can speak to a supervisor. Tell them the reason is that you've already spent a lot of time on this without any satisfactory resolution.

3. Be persistent and firm, but not belligerent or angry--that will just alienate the rep and make him or her less likely to want to help. Make sure you say "thank you."

4. Remind whomever you talk to that you have been without your primary phone for a few weeks now, which is a major inconvenience.

Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv