Help flashing my HTC One Remix (Verizon Mini2)

LiveAwake

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been having trouble with my HTC One Remix (the Verizon name for the HTC One Mini2). Ever since the last system update a few months ago, my battery is misbehaving. It drains normally from 100% to somewhere around 50% . . . then it falls off a cliff, dying instantly with no warning at all.

I've been through lots of hoops with both Verizon and HTC to troubleshoot. I've done a factory reset. I've re-calibrated the battery to the charger. Nothing is helping. The next step they want me to take is to mail it in for repairs. Since it's just out of warranty, there is an un-determined price tag associated with this option.

Since it all seemed to start with the system update, I'm wondering if I can somehow either flash back to the previous version, or maybe update to a custom OS. I've never done this before, and don't know much about the process, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I did some searching, and found another thread where someone claimed that this particular phone cannot be rooted. I don't know if that's true, nor am I sure if that means that I can't flash the phone back. I'm a little unclear on the different terminology.

If there's an existing guide on how to do this with this model, I would love a link. Otherwise, hopefully someone smarter about these things than I will be willing to walk me through it.

Thanks!