Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck on white HTC screen during bootup

Hi there!
    Ok so I'm trying to get this phone back up and working so I can properly sell it on ebay. I installed clockwork mod on it awhile back when I was still using it and everything was fine and dandy. I went to factory reset it [using menu options from the settings menu in the booted up OS] and when it rebooted it wouldn't go past the white HTC screen. I've searched for an answer but nothing seems to work. I keep hearing about needing to reinstall some RUU but can't ever find a valid link to one in order to try it out.

I do have the bootloader unlocked [since that's required for clockwork install] and clockwork mod recovery does start up fine, just that nothing works to actually recover the OS operation itself.

Another thing to note is I run Linux OpenSUSE 13.1 on my computer so I would prefer any computer using instructions be Linux oriented and not Windows ;-). Worse comes to worse I could boot up a VM Box or run Command Prompt in Wine but...that'd be an extra headache haha.

Anyway I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer, thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Stuck on white HTC screen during bootup

245 views and not one reply. This either means a lot of people out there are looking for the same solution I am, or it means there's a lot of people who want to try and help but aren't sure how with this device.

Default Re: Stuck on white HTC screen during bootup

Hey im sorry to bother but did you ever find a way to fix this prob?