Can someone please help?

eblittle

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I just updated my phone, HTC One SV, to 4.2.2 two nights ago and ever since then I cannot edit any pics in my gallery....every time I choose edit on a photo, it crashes and says "Sorry! Photo Editor has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC?" I've already done a factory reset in hopes that the problem would be solved by doing so, but no luck. I just wasted time resetting everything to find that it still wasn't working at all... Please help! Can't set pics for contacts, change wallpaper, or edit any photos at all :(

Is there a way to undo the update or anyone know of a fix??

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I just updated my phone, HTC One SV, to 4.2.2 two nights ago and ever since then I cannot edit any pics in my gallery....every time I choose edit on a photo, it crashes and says "Sorry! Photo Editor has stopped unexpectedly. Would you like to send an error report to HTC?" I've already done a factory reset in hopes that the problem would be solved by doing so, but no luck. I just wasted time resetting everything to find that it still wasn't working at all... Please help! Can't set pics for contacts, change wallpaper, or edit any photos at all :(

Is there a way to undo the update or anyone know of a fix??
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, you can't undo the update. Go into the Play Store and see if there is an update for the gallery app. Also, you may want to consider going into System Settings > Applications > Sort by All > Gallery (it might be named something else). Clear the data/cache of the App and see if that solves the problem.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

eblittle

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, you can't undo the update. Go into the Play Store and see if there is an update for the gallery app. Also, you may want to consider going into System Settings > Applications > Sort by All > Gallery (it might be named something else). Clear the data/cache of the App and see if that solves the problem.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank You for your help, but no that didn't work :( I checked for an update, and there wasn't one. I've actually never seen an update to the gallery app ever. Then also cleared the cache and data and was successful doing that, but still have the same exact issue. The "Photo Editor" crashes any time I push the edit button in a pic...Any other suggestions?? :)

BB_Bmore

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Maybe look into rooting the device. Its fairly easy. I rooted mine by downloading two very small files and following 5 easy steps.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang