Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Black Screen HELP

My husband just got the HTC One SV last week and it's already having issues. When you hit the power button to wake it up the buttons at the bottom light up, but the screen stays black like it's still asleep. We've tried holding the power button down for it to do a restart but it doesn't work. The only thing that does work is to open the back and remove the battery. Then when you put the battery back it powers back up and the screen works. We had to do this 2 nights ago, then again last night and this morning.

When I did a search I saw this was an issue with HTC One S and X from like 2 yrs ago and over seas. Is it the same issue and are we better of just trying to return it and get a new/different phone?
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Default Re: Black Screen HELP

Sounds like you have a defective phone, or HTC never fixed that bug. In either case I'd take it back and get another phone completely, or at least replace it with another One SV.
    Before doing that, you can try a factory reset to see if it'll fix the issue.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No since it only did it two nights ago we sort of thought it was a one time deal, but then when it did it again last night and this morning I know it as issue. I'll have him try factory reset tonight. Good thing he's only had it a week and doesn't have much on it yet.
    Retired Ambassador

Global Posts
    10,442 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock 6.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by apebull View Post
    No since it only did it two nights ago we sort of thought it was a one time deal, but then when it did it again last night and this morning I know it as issue. I'll have him try factory reset tonight. Good thing he's only had it a week and doesn't have much on it yet.
    OK. Let me know how it goes
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well it did the black screen a couple of more times. Then my husband went ahead and got the insurance since it was only a week old and it hasn't done it since. It's like it knew he didn't have it lol.