android.process.media message

Cheryl Barnes1

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting the message: unfortunately the process android.process.media has stopped. I can't download apps, upgrade my apps, get into Play Store, all my help apps for anti-virus, security etc. has disappeared. The message appears at least four times in a row then in a few minutes starts all over again. I did a reset back to factory settings and that didn't work. Please help!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This issue sounds familiar--did you post it recently as a guest?

Do you have an SD card inserted? If so, unmount it (in Settings>Storage) and remove it, then reboot. If the card is corrupt, it might be causing issues.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And the reset you did was a full factory reset, right? Did it immediately start reinstalling apps right after the reset? If so, it's possible there's an app that causes instability, and keeps getting reinstalled automatically. Try booting into Safe Mode, which temporarily disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then there's something wrong with the system or the hardware, which means it may be difficult to fix. Safe Mode instructions here: HTC NFF TOOL

Cheryl Barnes1

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much!! No it didn't start reloading my apps, so I'll reset it again.. thanks for the link..I'll go to the link you gave me first tho'. Thanks again!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781