new phone with jelly bean

jeanerz

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a new HTC One SV (yes, I know this phone is like 2.5 years old, but it's hard to find an even somewhat small phone with 4g). Anyway, I bought it brand new, and I thought it was supposed to ship with ICS 4.0.4 but when I looked in the settings it has Jelly Bean 4.1.2 installed. The reconditioned status is set to "NO" and the package was unopened and appeared to be untampered with (the pull strip was in place for me to pull and open). When I called the local boost mobile store and asked if it had ever been activated on the Boost Mobile network, they said it had not been. Should I be concerned that someone was trying to pass a used phone off as new? Or did some of the later phones to roll off the assembly line come pre-loaded with jelly bean?

Edit: Ha! When in doubt, read the supporting documents. I finally opened the little folder thing and the first page says "Great News! Your HTC One SV device is loaded with the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system." Ah I feel like a moron...but I'll leave this out there on the off chance anyone else has a similar question...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums! Glad you figured it out. Just going to reply so this doesn't show as an unanswered question :)

jeanerz

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Thanks :) Actually I think I created an account when I got my first smartphone 3 yrs ago and had a problem, but hadn't logged in since...I think maybe they killed my account. I tried all my email addresses...*shrugs*

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks :) Actually I think I created an account when I got my first smartphone 3 yrs ago and had a problem, but hadn't logged in since...I think maybe they killed my account. I tried all my email addresses...*shrugs*

Either way, glad you're back :D
You can post in our intro section to get a welcome from more of our members if you'd like :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze