I've got the HTC One V. ASK ME QUESTIONS, INTERNET

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
With the absence of additional cores in One V's Snapdragon processor, I highly doubt so.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've got it on Virgin Mobile here in the UK, so i should imagine it will be on Virgin in other countries also.

It will be, and should be released sometimes the end of this month or sometimes next month, it will be priced at $200 . And its the black series.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

balld1

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My new phone HTC OneV had to be factory reset recently because my 5 yr old daughter had attempted the screen unlock pattern too many times and the sign into my gmail account wouldnt let me in either, as a result somebody on your helpline talked me through the reset procedures.
Thankyou
Now i would like to put another lock on my phone that can have unlimited attempts to unlock (whether it be a pin or pattern lock i dont mind) but I also want the security of it working properly and not haveing to reset my entire phone again.
Can anyone suggest an app or a way of setting my phone to unlimited attempts.
Thanking you in advance

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My new phone HTC OneV had to be factory reset recently because my 5 yr old daughter had attempted the screen unlock pattern too many times and the sign into my gmail account wouldnt let me in either, as a result somebody on your helpline talked me through the reset procedures.
Thankyou
Now i would like to put another lock on my phone that can have unlimited attempts to unlock (whether it be a pin or pattern lock i dont mind) but I also want the security of it working properly and not haveing to reset my entire phone again.
Can anyone suggest an app or a way of setting my phone to unlimited attempts.
Thanking you in advance

I believe there's an option to deactivate total wiping of data whenever you exceed the number of tries on your lockscreen, but I'm not sure if there is, do run through the options under the security menu in the settings.

swaldman

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
i read somewhere that it doesn't have digital compass. what does that mean for google map/navigation apps? i use those with gps enabled on my other phone pretty often.

You still get a direction from the GPS, so long as you're moving. Google Maps shows an arrow if you're walking along and it changes to just a blue dot when you stop. I haven't tried using google nav for driving yet. Some apps thst were't written with the idea ofna phone without a compass simply behave as though it's facing north all the time, unless you are moving.
The lack of a compass is annoying, epecially for geocaching, but not a major issue for me.
HTH:)

jetfactor

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
FYI, I rooted this phone easily. unlocking bootloader is a weird thing to do, but if you hop over to xda there's a lot more support... for both GSM and CDMA devices.

-sent from space.

palm3x

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out the file structure.

Specifically, where are downloaded files likely to be located, and where are the data files used by various programs stored?

Thanks

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Files downloaded through the web browser are stored on the sd card in "download“. All apps that you installed are in data/apps, pre-installed apps that came with the phone are in system/apps. Anything sent to you by Bluetooth can be found in the Bluetooth folder on your sd card.

palm3x

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Files downloaded through the web browser are stored on the sd card in "download“. All apps that you installed are in data/apps, pre-installed apps that came with the phone are in system/apps. Anything sent to you by Bluetooth can be found in the Bluetooth folder on your sd card.

I'm not sure if it's HTC or Virgin Mobile, but mine appears to have a weird file structure. Pre-installed apps are indeed in the system/apps folder. Both the /data and the /sdcard folder are totally empty. Several apps have failed to work because they say they can't open the /sdcard directory. Still haven't found the Bluetooth directory.

I did some comparing to my Acer Android tablet. On the tablet, the internal memory is called /mnt/sdcard. The aftermarket SD card (if mounted) is called /mnt/external_sdcard. Many of the apps I've installed created their own data folder called /mnt/sdcard/"app-name", so a note taking app, for example, keeps all it's notes in that folder. My HTC One V apparently calls it's internal hard drive something other than the standard /mnt/sdcard?? :confused:

I coped all the program data files from my tablet (/mnt/sdcard/"app-name") to the root directory of the external SD card, removed it from my tablet and put it in the HTC. Bingo!! :) All my apps started working just fine. Please note that I'm running ICS on both the tablet and the phone and had updated the exact same apps on both devices before trying this.

I have concluded that my tablet calls the internal memory /sdcard. The HTC calls the external memory /sdcard. The tablet has an 8 Gig internal drive and will run just fine without an external SD card. Well, unless you're storing videos or something ;) The HTC only has a 4 Gig internal drive and it requires an external memory card to be mounted, because many apps will look to the external SD card to store all their data. Given the phone's limited memory, this is probably a good idea, but it took me awhile to figure out how it works.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
My HTC Amaze has /mnt/sdcard/ for the internal user storage, and /mnt/sdcard/ext_sd/ for the microSDHC. There are symlinks for /sdcard/ and /sdcard2/ ... again, those are link files. Using a file manager like Total Commander will let you see this. I can't say I know what the HTC One V is doing, but on my phone, apps install by default in the phone's internal phone storage (NOT user storage). I haven't tried moving any to the internal user storage because, well, I don't need it (the Amaze has a bit over 2GB available for applications).

palm3x

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The apps (actual programs) are installing in the internal memory. But the app data (documents, etc) sometimes seem to require a micro SD card. Without the external micro SD, I've had several apps say they have saved a document (no error message), but when you try to reopen it, the app can't find where it saved it. :confused:

As long as you have an external SD card mounted, everything seems to work just as it should. I am assuming this was done on purpose to save the internal memory for programs? Now that I have a micro SD card installed, I think the problem is solved. But it was a little confusing. The camera, for instance, was able to store a test photo last night somewhere on the internal memory. But this morning, with the external card mounted, it now saves photos to the external card. This is actually safer. When my Palm Pre died yesterday, it had some data on it's internal storage that I lost. Having all the data on an external card isn't really a bad idea...

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Some, not all of my apps will store data on the user storage partition. It's up to the developers, not the phone or the OS. Some well done apps offer me the choice of "phone storage" or "SD card storage" (/mnt/sdcard/ or internal user storage).

I'd say the developers of those apps need to check if /mnt/sdcard/ is always there IAW Android standards, or code a check routine for it, and if null, tell the user "you need a memory card to operate this application." I've seen that before too. ;)

nessa95

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
help me!! if possible well I just got this phone and now when i turn the phone for when i text the keyboard vanishes, its there just invisible. how can i fix this or do i need to get another one? Thanks!

lblevy

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Alex,
Two questions

One, when the phone is in "sleep" and I want to wake it up is there a way to do that without pushing on the tiny power thingy on the top? And second, is there a way to get rid of all the apps that came with the phone that I don't want? They won't uninstall and there are three screens worth.
Thanks.
Lois

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user