Virgin Mobile HTC One V or the OP. Elite?

webbie2

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my friend had just purchased a Op. Elite on Virgin Mobile about a week and a half ago. Today I see that they just release the HTC One V on VMob.Should I take it back and get the one V? or should keep the Elite. Can you please help!!!! Its only $70 more for ICS and Sense 4.0 :) But its is better?

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, my friend had just purchased a Op. Elite on Virgin Mobile about a week and a half ago. Today I see that they just release the HTC One V on VMob.Should I take it back and get the one V? or should keep the Elite. Can you please help!!!! Its only $70 more for ICS and Sense 4.0 :) But its is better?

It has a bigger screen, ics, better processor, higher quality screen. It's definitely better.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jerrstan

n8toxic

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

I have the optimus elite and it is good, I guess.. but I do wish I had waited to buy the Htc One V. It just looks like an overall better phone, better screen, better camera. I love my optimus elite and I already ordered a case and screen protector for my optimus elite on Amazon, it should be here before Wednesday! I cant believe I am saying this but the Optimus Elite looks like an Iphone Knockoff.

bedlamite

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I briefly had an OE. After a couple error codes, random crashes, and simple things like ringtones reverting to default for no reason, I returned it and got the 1V. Glad I did.

SNad508

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
ICS and Sense are nice to have, but aside from that, this phone is not much different IMO (maybe id feel different if I owned a One v, but I'm saying this based on specs)

3.5" and 3.7" are really not much different. The One V is just a little taller. Screen resolution is obviously better though.

Its obviously worth $50 more than the Elite. But to me, if you already own an Elite and plan on switching to a One V, you wont be nearly half as wow'd than if you were switching to it from an Optimus V, or Wildfire, or Venture.

Beats is just a novelty to me. At least the Elite has NFC and Google Wallet, which surprisingly gets used all the time by me

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
ICS and Sense are nice to have, but aside from that, this phone is not much different IMO (maybe id feel different if I owned a One v, but I'm saying this based on specs)

3.5" and 3.7" are really not much different. The One V is just a little taller. Screen resolution is obviously better though.

Its obviously worth $50 more than the Elite. But to me, if you already own an Elite and plan on switching to a One V, you wont be nearly half as wow'd than if you were switching to it from an Optimus V, or Wildfire, or Venture.

Beats is just a novelty to me. At least the Elite has NFC and Google Wallet, which surprisingly gets used all the time by me

As soon as you hold it in your hands, you'll realize you made the right choice. It feels like a much more premium device.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

SNad508

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I work at Radio Shack, so I've held the display unit. But display units are obviously lighter, and not useable.

My direct deposit goes through in the morning. Depending on how much it is, I'll be getting the Evo or One. Still debating.

SNad508

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I purchased the phone yesterday around 10am, returned it about 3 hours later. This may be a stupid reason, but I could not deal with the power button. Maybe I had a defective one or something, but it took a lot to put it to sleep or wake it up, and it just felt like it would eventually break. Also, the Radio Interface error was not fun. I did the profile/prl update, but it still continued, and I didn't have the patience.

Bought a One V afterwards, and to my surprise, I love it.

mike_mck2

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I had the OE for about a week, and I returned it. Overall, the phone just didn't feel very durable to me, and while it supposedly had Gorilla Glass, I was not impressed with that either.
Battery life was horrible! I killed all the apps I could, turned off wifi and any kind of auto syncing I could find, and I still couldn't make it 12 hours without the battery draining even with moderate use.
The OE felt so....fragile, to me, that I even paid for that Best Buy insurance plan for it, which I never even consider with anything I buy.

It so happens that Radio Shack had the One V on sale for $149 at the time I returned the One V, so I had Best Buy price match it, and I couldn't be happier.

The One V is in every way a better buy than the OE. Battery life has been outstanding, I actually like Sense, the display is great, and overall the One V just feels like a better phone.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This is the one to have....owned an optimus S the elite and now the one V. The one V is amazing for the price. IPhone diephone this is the coolest phone on virgin for the price no doubt

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs