Phonebook and sms loading problem

erickhillm

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
When i try to open phonebook, sometimes it took soo long to display all of my contacts and when receiving a phone call from someone on my contact, sometimes it only show the number. The same problem on the sms. Does anybody had this problem too?

I tried to put some of my apps on card hoping to give more space on the phone, but it didn't help.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Mirtma

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I have same problem. Also called HTC helpdesk. Ended with hard reset phone. At beginning it was OK, now I have problems again. Very frustrating.

mohan37

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem too! It's crazy ... not sure when it started, but it certainly hasn't always been this way. Anyone found way to fix it? I've turned off almost all auto synching, have applied updates, etc.

Mirtma

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It helped me to use only use phone contacts. First I had to save contacts to file and then import them to phone memory. Then disconnect Google contacts. So I loose Google contacts and synchronisation. It's really too bad for loosing great feature (to have same contacts on Gmail & phone). But at least I can use phone.

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
something similar happened to me earlier this week. i got a text from someone and everything was working. an hour later i try to write a text and there were only phone numbers listed for all of my conversations, and i could not open any conversations. it seemed like the phonebook still had all the names listed. i rebooted and it has been fine so far...

Mo Hickman

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I've only had the HTC one v for about a month and i absolutely love it! Theres just one problem... Sometimes , randomly, while I'm trying to compose a text message the phone will go back to the list of threads any message saved as draft. Sometimes i can't even get anything typed in and it flashes back. It does not happen all the time and usuallyhappensfirst thing in morning or in the evening/night. I'm wondering if this is related to the charger because it happens most often and worse when the phone is plugged in. It is not a touchscreen zproblem because when I used the talk ti text feature it did same thing. HELP!!

Dat Huynh

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Same problem! If you use a different messaging app like Sliding messaging, Handcent, or Go SMS Pro then you won't encounter the loading problem or contact problem :D

Geertzand

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Even installed unofficial firmware and still have this problem. Most of the times, when someone calls me, It's not even ringing.
Very, very frustrating. Tempting to buy a new phone.:-\

smartiekins

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. It is definitely worse if I have lots of text messages, & if I regularly clear cache/data from the messages/contacts etc

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Gabor85

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
First of all a short review: my One V makes me really disappointed and confused, it leaves me in the lurch at least once every week. Once I was 15 minutes late of an important business meeting because I was waiting for People application to load my contacts. Last week I could not initiate mobile payment for parking and highway toll because my SMS application also went crappy. It makes beautiful photos in sunshine, but all skeletal functions are independable.
Regarding contacts issue: I would advise to check contacts data file size in Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Contacts Storage. First time when my HTC One V became unusable, I realized that data size was more than 30 MBs instead of normal 1-2 MBs, which is impossible for the device to handle. I would advise to back up your contacts, clear this data, and import/sync them again. When using Google contacts it's also useful to check and clean up them online - you may find hundreds of unwanted contacts with email address only - even though they are hidden from phonebook, they are there to waste your memory.

Mike Miller 6700

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
First of all a short review: my One V makes me really disappointed and confused, it leaves me in the lurch at least once every week. Once I was 15 minutes late of an important business meeting because I was waiting for People application to load my contacts. Last week I could not initiate mobile payment for parking and highway toll because my SMS application also went crappy. It makes beautiful photos in sunshine, but all skeletal functions are independable.
Regarding contacts issue: I would advise to check contacts data file size in Menu > Settings > Apps > All > Contacts Storage. First time when my HTC One V became unusable, I realized that data size was more than 30 MBs instead of normal 1-2 MBs, which is impossible for the device to handle. I would advise to back up your contacts, clear this data, and import/sync them again. When using Google contacts it's also useful to check and clean up them online - you may find hundreds of unwanted contacts with email address only - even though they are hidden from phonebook, they are there to waste your memory.

Thank you thank you thank you. I'm fighting this almost a year and only now when it completely stop working I found your post and this is helped!!!!

iyerz

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

Thanks it perfectly worked for me. Also I realized it is not a good idea to keep other contacts from Google, Linkedin.com and Facebook always synced. Keep it standalone unless you want a specific contact details you can connect it.

It was giving me problem since last couple of weeks I thought may be it was Kitkat upgrade Problem. I have the HTC One.

Hardik Sanghavi

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

Hello,
I am using lenovo p70 phone. And i am having a same problem. As u said i checjed the contact storage, and guess what i found it 1.25 gb.. I get shocked by looking it. Problem is that i am unable to clear data because it shows desabled. So please help me how should i enable it and clear data to reset that memory... Plz plz plz help me.

Odecious

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site

Thanks man. Finally this is the real deal. I use techno R7 with android OS 4.2.2. I had formarly tried many other false suggestions such as factory reset, clearing the cache, uninstalling suspicious apps, rebooting, and even installing another contacts and dialing app from the store. However I would like to add a little tweak to your solution. The normal storage size isn't exactly 1-2mb but depends on your phone capacity. My phone started slowing down at about 120mb contact storage. Even when cleared of all data. It quickly returned to 1.62 mb. When I returned my over 500 contacts the storage went up to over 3mb. Thanks.

Chibuzor Okenwa

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks man. Finally this is the real deal. I use techno R7 with android OS 4.2.2. I had formarly tried many other false suggestions such as factory reset, clearing the cache, uninstalling suspicious apps, rebooting, and even installing another contacts and dialing app from the store. However I would like to add a little tweak to your solution. The normal storage size isn't exactly 1-2mb but depends on your phone capacity. My phone started slowing down at about 120mb contact storage. Even when cleared of all data. It quickly returned to 1.62 mb. When I returned my over 500 contacts the storage went up to over 3mb. Thanks.

How do I back up contacts I can't even see??