Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Google Voice

I've been unsuccessful in setting up Google Voice for my HTC One V. Has anyone had any success in doing so?
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

Default Re: Google Voice

Yeah that's the first thing I set up without a hitch at all same as any other device I've had.

Sent from my HTC One V
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joshua.worth View Post
    Yeah that's the first thing I set up without a hitch at all same as any other device I've had.

Sent from my HTC One V
    Thanks for the response. I was wondering if your provider was Virgin Mobile? I'm wondering if they are the reason I can't use my mobile number with Google Voice.
    Android Guru

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.1.1 Jelly Belly

My provider is Virgin Mobile if your having trouble setting it up thru the app go to Google.com/voice on the browser and add your number to your account then you should be all set just run thru the app set up.

Sent from my HTC One V

I set up Google Voice on my girlfriend's One V on Virgin mobile without any problems, but she has a separate Google Voice number. Do you use Google Voice for voicemail only/don't have a unique Google Voice number?
    Thanked by:

Only problem I've had is that when making calls, to SOME numbers, the incoming CID shows my actual phone's # instead of my GV number, confuses people.. My Optimus V never seemed to have the problem.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I set up Google Voice on my girlfriend's One V on Virgin mobile without any problems, but she has a separate Google Voice number. Do you use Google Voice for voicemail only/don't have a unique Google Voice number?
    I didn't have a unique number through Google Voice. That was what my problem was. Thanks for the help.