Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

Default Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

im unlocked and rooted via XP...but i wouldnt recommend my method to anyone on xp. these guides just arent working via xp. i had to open two instances of fastboot to finally get the boot loader unlocked,then the install of super su was easy..that went well. now every time i try to use fastboot to flash any recovery for the phone i can see it starting to say sending..then it completely reboots my pc with a fatal error wanting to be sent to MS after pc reboot. something isnt working correctly via xp. not sure what,but it all revolves around fastboot.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

ROM
    Quattrimus

Hmmmm I don't know dude.....But why ON EARTH are you still on xp???????? lol doesn't make sense to me. :P
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!
    Thanked by:
    curtis1973 likes this.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

There's something wrong with your system. My laptop is xp and works just fine with fastboot.

Sent from my One V using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    curtis1973 likes this.

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

I've installed the One V All In One Tool on an XP desk top. Then I just use a command window from C:\One V\data to run the commands. Worked like a charm. You can find it on xda.
    Thanked by:
    curtis1973 likes this.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

yeah i think there is a hardware issue somewhere. most likely in the usb ports. each time i try to send the recovery it reboots the pc. i have a minidump log ive been looking over. i figure its hardware. ive reinstalled android sdk,reinstalled htc sync and only used its drivers made sure fastboot,adb,etc were all up to date and put in C:\fastboot the command im using is fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img or fastboot flash recovery recovery.img for the cwm variant. each one shows "sending.." just before the pc reboots. crazy. and as for me using xp..well its just something im used to lol. odd though i was finally able to get the boot loader unlocked..although definitely not through the guide..i improvised to the point i could have destroyed the device but it worked. and so did root. ill stick with that until i can replace the usb card and upgrade. thanks for all the help and effort.

ROM
    A10 (C.a.i)/ Hydro Kernal

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1973 View Post
    yeah i think there is a hardware issue somewhere. most likely in the usb ports. each time i try to send the recovery it reboots the pc. i have a minidump log ive been looking over. i figure its hardware. ive reinstalled android sdk,reinstalled htc sync and only used its drivers made sure fastboot,adb,etc were all up to date and put in C:\fastboot the command im using is fastboot flash recovery twrprecovery.img or fastboot flash recovery recovery.img for the cwm variant. each one shows "sending.." just before the pc reboots. crazy. and as for me using xp..well its just something im used to lol. odd though i was finally able to get the boot loader unlocked..although definitely not through the guide..i improvised to the point i could have destroyed the device but it worked. and so did root. ill stick with that until i can replace the usb card and upgrade. thanks for all the help and effort.
    Let him team view and do it for you. He did it for me

King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

overcame the reboot issues...tossed old junker pc out the window.. new system lmao nice guide bro.
    King Of Pants

ROM
    CM10/Sense

holy crap. gapps is 80+ mb lol. wonder why its so large?

Hoping I didn't brick my phone. Easily unlocked the bootloader and rooted my HTC One V, I only hit some issues when I got to installing CM10. After I installed CM10 and Gapps, I rebooted, but I am stuck on a black screen after the HTC logo and red developer text appears. Really could use some help, first time attempting any of this. Thanks.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

ROM
    Quattrimus

You have to flash the boot.img! Otherwise it won't boot.

I'm positive I flashed the boot image. :/ I'm in the process of trying to re-flash my stock rom and starting over. I had to have missed something somewhere and soft-bricked my phone. This is all new territory for me, so I'm learning. Hopefully second time is a charm.

I'm on Windows Vista, and I'm stuck at the bootloader unlock part. When I do fastboot oem get_identifier_token it just says <waiting for device> and nothing happens.

UPDATE: Installing HTC Sync. I think my problem was not having USB drivers.
    Last edited by theworstlesbian; 09-29-2012 at 04:15 PM.
    Thanked by:

Hi, anyone would help me to get a stock ROM for GSM (preferably Europe, but not Benelux). I unlocked & rooted my OneV but still can't switch off that f... Cell Broadcast.

[Edit] Got one (RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTC_Europe_2.22.401.1_Radio_20.76.30.0835U_3831.19.00.120_release_273801_signed)
    But phone does not accept it (error 155 in RUU). IS there any way to force update? All manuals say to get correct RUU file but that's not what I want, I need stock ROM for a different market...
    Last edited by kangyooni; 10-04-2012 at 05:17 AM.

Alright, I've tried this three times, and have had to reflash my stock with the RUU each time. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. No errors on command prompt through the whole process, and made sure everything was for the CDMA Primoc Virgin Mobile One V. Process:
    1) Unlock
    2) Root/Flash Recovery (Tried CWM 5.8 and TWRP2)
    3) Placed rom and gapps zips on sdcard.
    4) Backed up
    5) Whiped cache, dalvik, data
    6) Installed rom and gapps from zip
    7) From fastboot, flashed boot.img

When rebooting, each time I got stuck with the white HTC screen with red text saying "This build is for development purposes only...". It did this before booting into a custom recovery as well, but loaded normally. Could really, really use some help. Feel free to pm me OP if you have the time.

EDIT: Figured it out!! Had the wrong boot image each time! There's a few jb kernals floating around. Thanks for all the info OP, I've learned a lot.
    Last edited by dankstahz; 10-11-2012 at 10:08 PM.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.08 & Mobster

I'm running the 9-9 build of cm10 with JellyBoot4 kernel. It's working great except the camcorder...

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

ROM
    Quattrimus

There's a new rom called pacman over at xda. It's a combo of cm10, aokp, and paranoid android. It's VERY SMOOTH AND CUSTOMIZABLE. The camcorder is working and so is project butter. I can't really think of anything that isn't working. And if something is not, it's very minor. I can't change up the op now, but I will try to later.

ROM
    PACman 19.3

do jb roms have continuous shooting like the 1V stock camera? (screw that it takes pictures really fast without continuous mode)

if i want to nandroid back to my current rom from this pacman one, would i need to install another boot image?
    Last edited by lebooo; 11-12-2012 at 03:11 PM.

So I have successfully unlocked and rooted my phone and wiped the system, cache, and dalvik cache partitions. I have flashed the CyanogenMod ROM onto my phone as well. I have tried using both the boot.img you provided in the link as well as the one provided in the zip file. Neither have worked for me. Every time I go to boot my phone, I end up stuck at the boot screen with the wordCyanogenMod surrounded by 2 moving circles. Everything else has worked almost flawlessly. I did have to use TWRP (CDMA version) recovery as Clockwork Manager would not load no matter how many times I flashed it and attempted to boot into it from the bootloader.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

*****UPDATE*****

Just tried it with the PacMan ROM as well. Still getting stuck at the boot screen.

*****UPDATE*****

Installed the files a few different orders and threw in sick kernel 2.0.0. I am not able to get it to boot for a few seconds and then it immediately shuts back off and enters a boot loop stage.

*****UPDATE*****

Not sure what I was doing wrong before but by completely wiping my phone and installing the boot.img that I obtained from the .zip file, I am able to boot the phone without using sick kernel. However, the phone STILL reboots on the middle of updating apps and everytime the phone is turned on. This is constant and will not go away. Seriously could use some help... Please?

*****UPDATE*****

Glad I know how to troubleshoot myself. After reviewing the log files and attempting to install a dozen different ROMS with a dozen different kernels in a hundred different variations, I have NO clue what is wrong. Finally, I found a way to restore my phone. Because my back up was only resulting in a hang boot and then boot loop, I needed something, anything to start it up. By following the instructions , I was able flash a new RUU, recovery.img, and boot.img onto the phone. I have seen this problem in quite a few forums and I hope that everyone finds their solution here.

Now I am going back and attempting to install PacMan again. This time, however, I am taking careful notes on everything I do.
    Last edited by Narcissic; 11-19-2012 at 06:18 PM.

ROM
    cm7

Just a shout in the dark, but over at android forums they realized that there is two different radios for the cdma version. The newest update that it's suppose to fix the battery calibration also had a radio update in it that it's causing boot loops when ever you try a custom Rom. If you just got your phone ity may have the newer radio on it. Someone said they flashed the ruu (which had the old radio) and then went through the whole unlock, root, and custom recovery routine and solved problem. The old radio has 521...
    The new radio has 987.. or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 2:

I just found this . I actually remember installing the 'battery' update myself. After flashing the RUU, which has the old radio, I still cannot get it to work.... I came back here to report my findings only to see that you had apparently discovered the same thing. What I don't understand is why am I still having the same problem? I don't boot loop anymore. But it just hangs permanently.

Run the RUU and you can flash ROMs again.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

ROM
    Quattrimus

I'm sorry, I don't get on here very often. Sometimes booting custom roms on the primoc takes a couple tries. Tell me exactly how you've been attempting it.

I did this whole process and i managed to install the ROM and stuff but every time my phone reboots it loads the main screen (not boot screen) and i always get a window that says "unfortunately blah blah keyboard has stopped working" then it keeps popping up and then it restarts itself over and over. Help please

Quote Originally Posted by xxlemonxx View Post
    I have installed Android sdk tools and all this stuff and i go into command prompt and type "FASTBOOT FLASH THE BOOT.IMG" , and i still get a fastboot in not recognized and the same error as before. I tryed the tool kit and it didnt read my device, i re installed the fastboot files and extracted them too. Nothing works, this is so frustrating.. Im about to just say screw it. :///
    ummm...if thats a is exactly what you typed then yea, it WONT push or flash it...the cmd promt doesnt reconize "the" boss lol...

actually it would be fastboot flash boot boot.img or the actual name of the image file you are using, if your using a custom kernel img, make sure to flash the zip via twrp or similar recovery program, then go back to bootloader , open cmd.exe and fastboot the above command with the boot.img from the zip you flashed in recovery.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast