Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

Quote Originally Posted by theworstlesbian View Post
    I'm on Windows Vista, and I'm stuck at the bootloader unlock part. When I do fastboot oem get_identifier_token it just says <waiting for device> and nothing happens.

UPDATE: Installing HTC Sync. I think my problem was not having USB drivers.
    I had the same issue. HTC Sync did the trick. Some say to install it and then uninstall it and leave just the drivers. That didn't work for me. I had to install HTC Sync and just exit out of it when I connected my phone. Was able to unlock and root after that. Just posting this info for others.

Additionally with the recovery, the file is now located here: Directory listing of http://androidfiles.org/uploads/PrimoC/Recoveries

I also found at first CWM won't let you select anything, but if you scroll through the menu once or twice, it then allows selection of menu items. I've read that this is normal for CWM.

I believe I've followed the directions completely but after the final reboot i keep getting stuck at "Android is upgrading... Starting apps." I've tried repeating steps 4.5 to 4.13 to the get the same result. I guessed that gapps was the issue so I tried a few different gapps and again got the same result.

The cm 10 build I used was cm-10-20121028-UNOFFICIAL-primoc. Gapps tried: gapps-jb-20121212-signed, gapps-jb-20120726-signed, gapps-jb-20121011-signed. The boot img I used was pulled from the Jmz_Stock_Deodex files found here: Directory listing of http://androidfiles.org/uploads/PrimoC/Stock_Roms

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone have a link to the most recent stable cm10 build they've been able to use, as well as the gapps and boot img they used? I'd also settle for the files needed to return my unit back to stock. Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jimothy508; 12-19-2012 at 06:05 PM.

I need a jb boot. Img try super slick kernel

Sentfromybrain
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #55  

ROM
    Quattrimus

I recommend not doing cm10 anymore. Lots of development is going on, and the focus is not so much to get everything working alright, but to get everything to build correctly (This means the developers do not want to port anything. They want to get official status for cm10.) The best 4.1 rom that I've used, and I currently use is called PACman. It is a combination of Paranoid Android, AOKP and CM10. It's a port from the htc desire hd, and it has everything working properly except for hotspot (usb tether does work though!). I don't know if there's a working fix for hotspot but I'm gonna check. I'm about to update the OP to reference PACman instead.
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

Whats up guys. Quick question. Does the all in one utillity work to root this. Just bought it earlier today and found a link. I'm not sure if it will work with the current "newer"
    version of the phone that I have. Any idea?

ROM
    cm7

Quote Originally Posted by jto101680 View Post
    Whats up guys. Quick question. Does the all in one utillity work to root this. Just bought it earlier today and found a link. I'm not sure if it will work with the current "newer"
    version of the phone that I have. Any idea?
    I believe that if your phone came with the updated radio that you will have to use ruu for your phone to downgrade to the 1.00521 radio. Also, depends if you are cdma or gsm phone. You must use the correct ruu for either the cdma or gsm version. This post over at xda will help you once you get your ruu,
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=27288357

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

I'm kinda screwed. i got to step 11 in part 4 and then my phone just gets stuck at the screen that says HTC Quietly Brilliant this build is for development purposes only.... i turned it off and put it into hboot again. however, i can't get it to go into recovery or factory reset it. when i start hboot it goes through this SD CHECKING and it says no image. so i've got no idea what to do now. my phone is pretty much useless at the moment.

Hey guys I've got a bit of a problem, I've followed the instructions as best I could and it installed OK. However when I boot up it keeps restarting after a few seconds. What did I do wrong?
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    Quattrimus

Quote Originally Posted by fifamm96 View Post
    I'm kinda screwed. i got to step 11 in part 4 and then my phone just gets stuck at the screen that says HTC Quietly Brilliant this build is for development purposes only.... i turned it off and put it into hboot again. however, i can't get it to go into recovery or factory reset it. when i start hboot it goes through this SD CHECKING and it says no image. so i've got no idea what to do now. my phone is pretty much useless at the moment.
    You need to fastboot flash a custom recovery then. If you don't have one on your sdcard, you need to put one on your sdcard.

Quote Originally Posted by yamugushi View Post
    Hey guys I've got a bit of a problem, I've followed the instructions as best I could and it installed OK. However when I boot up it keeps restarting after a few seconds. What did I do wrong?
    It sounds like you have the updated radio. This update has created problems for people and the only way to fix it is to install a previous RUU, as the guy above said. This will take some work. Do a LOT of reading before you do anything. Xda has a lot of information on how to fix it by flashing an ruu. I don't know how to do it, as I've never had to do it. :/
    Olan Rogers, ladies and gentlemen. Funniest video ever!!!

I flashed a custom recovery and chose PACman mod to install from sd card. when i install it, it says "assert failed: get prop("roproduct.device") = = " primoc" I I get prop ("ro.build.product") = = primoc"
    E: error in /sdcard/Pacman.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.

what can i do next? i also tried paranoid android, and that gets stuck at the boot screen, it goes past the HTC Quietly Brilliant ... but not the paranoid android screen. any option to what i can try next?

Is your HTC One V a primoc device or a primou?

I don't know. How can I tell? it's my first time rooting a phone.

ROM
    cm7

I don't know. How can I tell? it's my first time rooting a phone.
    Well if it is on virgin mobile them out is primoc. If you have a sims card(I'm not talking about the micro sdcard), them you are primou. BE SURE! You don't want to flash the wrong images.

I'm not in the United States, so its definitely not on virgin mobile. And yes i do have a sim card. So would this rom work for me?

ROM
    cm7

I'm not in the United States, so its definitely not on virgin mobile. And yes i do have a sim card. So would this rom work for me?
    No, I believe this rom is for cdma, you will find roms and much more information about your gsm phone on xda 's site. I'm not trying to run you off from here, just there's alot of development going on at xda. Another good place for information is here http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=4593340
    Good luck.
    Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

edit

Quote Originally Posted by dobbs69 View Post
    Just a shout in the dark, but over at android forums they realized that there is two different radios for the cdma version. The newest update that it's suppose to fix the battery calibration also had a radio update in it that it's causing boot loops when ever you try a custom Rom. If you just got your phone ity may have the newer radio on it. Someone said they flashed the ruu (which had the old radio) and then went through the whole unlock, root, and custom recovery routine and solved problem. The old radio has 521...
    The new radio has 987.. or something like that.

Yup, same problem I had. I did the RUU, but I still can't install a new ROM. At least I'm not stuck in the boot loop though. At least we know these phones are hard to fully brick....

Okay... battled through everything... successfully got the rom installed, as well as gapps. (Had issues finding a cwm recovery version that would work with the htc one - power button wouldn't work right, but that was it.)

So everything should be good...

...well, almost. It hangs at the pacman loading screen. So close!

I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any ideas??
    Thanks much.

EDIT: I realized my mistake! I did all the cache wiping, but did not format /system. Did that, re-installed, all is good.
    I mean, sure, it turns out I had the wrong radio version... and so I had to do that fix... but yeah, it's good now.

EDIT 2: I will add one more bit of wisdom: Do not go through with all of this until AFTER you have activated your phone! I thought I could get everything rom-wise all nice and set before activating, but during the pacman installation, the handset got some crazy idea of which phone number it was, and it wouldn't activate or allow me to edit the MEID. Just so you know!
    Last edited by Teslas#AC; 12-28-2012 at 10:48 PM.

do i NEED to unlock the bootloader just to root my phone cause im only lookin to root it, thats it

ROM
    cm7

Quote Originally Posted by raheem39 View Post
    do i NEED to unlock the bootloader just to root my phone cause im only lookin to root it, thats it
    Unfortunately, yes you must unlock boot loader to root.

Quote Originally Posted by raheem39 View Post
    Locked bootloaders can be rooted but since this one is so easy to unlock I don't think anyone is looking for a way to do it with this device.

Unlocking the bootloader allows the installation of custom recoveries.

Use directions from http://www.androidauthority.com/one-...0-cm10-108905/ but just use the files on this page for pacman.

i have done all the steps but my cmd says "< waiting for device >" and just says that and nothing else i have waited for up to 30 minutes and still nothing, i have an htc one v phone from virgin mobile

i followed all the steps and everything and when i turn my phone one its just gets stuck on the pacman loading screen can anyone help me and my phone is a htc one v from cricket
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast