Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: Unlock/Root/Rom One V + CM10 Jelly Bean!

There's a new rom called pacman over at xda. It's a combo of cm10, aokp, and paranoid android. It's VERY SMOOTH AND CUSTOMIZABLE. The camcorder is working and so is project butter. I can't really think of anything that isn't working. And if something is not, it's very minor. I can't change up the op now, but I will try to later.

lebooo

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site

do jb roms have continuous shooting like the 1V stock camera? (screw that it takes pictures really fast without continuous mode)

if i want to nandroid back to my current rom from this pacman one, would i need to install another boot image?

Last edited:

Narcissic

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

So I have successfully unlocked and rooted my phone and wiped the system, cache, and dalvik cache partitions. I have flashed the CyanogenMod ROM onto my phone as well. I have tried using both the boot.img you provided in the link as well as the one provided in the zip file. Neither have worked for me. Every time I go to boot my phone, I end up stuck at the boot screen with the wordCyanogenMod surrounded by 2 moving circles. Everything else has worked almost flawlessly. I did have to use TWRP (CDMA version) recovery as Clockwork Manager would not load no matter how many times I flashed it and attempted to boot into it from the bootloader.

Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

*****UPDATE*****

Just tried it with the PacMan ROM as well. Still getting stuck at the boot screen.

*****UPDATE*****

Installed the files a few different orders and threw in sick kernel 2.0.0. I am not able to get it to boot for a few seconds and then it immediately shuts back off and enters a boot loop stage.

*****UPDATE*****

Not sure what I was doing wrong before but by completely wiping my phone and installing the boot.img that I obtained from the .zip file, I am able to boot the phone without using sick kernel. However, the phone STILL reboots on the middle of updating apps and everytime the phone is turned on. This is constant and will not go away. Seriously could use some help... Please?

*****UPDATE*****

Glad I know how to troubleshoot myself. After reviewing the log files and attempting to install a dozen different ROMS with a dozen different kernels in a hundred different variations, I have NO clue what is wrong. Finally, I found a way to restore my phone. Because my back up was only resulting in a hang boot and then boot loop, I needed something, anything to start it up. By following the instructions here, I was able flash a new RUU, recovery.img, and boot.img onto the phone. I have seen this problem in quite a few forums and I hope that everyone finds their solution here.

Now I am going back and attempting to install PacMan again. This time, however, I am taking careful notes on everything I do.

Last edited:

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Just a shout in the dark, but over at android forums they realized that there is two different radios for the cdma version. The newest update that it's suppose to fix the battery calibration also had a radio update in it that it's causing boot loops when ever you try a custom Rom. If you just got your phone ity may have the newer radio on it. Someone said they flashed the ruu (which had the old radio) and then went through the whole unlock, root, and custom recovery routine and solved problem. The old radio has 521...
The new radio has 987.. or something like that.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

Narcissic

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

I just found this here. I actually remember installing the 'battery' update myself. After flashing the RUU, which has the old radio, I still cannot get it to work.... I came back here to report my findings only to see that you had apparently discovered the same thing. What I don't understand is why am I still having the same problem? I don't boot loop anymore. But it just hangs permanently.

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

Run the RUU and you can flash ROMs again.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry, I don't get on here very often. Sometimes booting custom roms on the primoc takes a couple tries. Tell me exactly how you've been attempting it.

Esteban Ortiz

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I did this whole process and i managed to install the ROM and stuff but every time my phone reboots it loads the main screen (not boot screen) and i always get a window that says "unfortunately blah blah keyboard has stopped working" then it keeps popping up and then it restarts itself over and over. Help please

Genesis Luna

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I have installed Android sdk tools and all this stuff and i go into command prompt and type "FASTBOOT FLASH THE BOOT.IMG" , and i still get a fastboot in not recognized and the same error as before. I tryed the tool kit and it didnt read my device, i re installed the fastboot files and extracted them too. Nothing works, this is so frustrating.. Im about to just say screw it. :///

ummm...if thats a is exactly what you typed then yea, it WONT push or flash it...the cmd promt doesnt reconize "the" boss lol...

Michael Adams1

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

actually it would be fastboot flash boot boot.img or the actual name of the image file you are using, if your using a custom kernel img, make sure to flash the zip via twrp or similar recovery program, then go back to bootloader , open cmd.exe and fastboot the above command with the boot.img from the zip you flashed in recovery.

wbsrlnyt

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

I'm on Windows Vista, and I'm stuck at the bootloader unlock part. When I do fastboot oem get_identifier_token it just says <waiting for device> and nothing happens.

UPDATE: Installing HTC Sync. I think my problem was not having USB drivers.

I had the same issue. HTC Sync did the trick. Some say to install it and then uninstall it and leave just the drivers. That didn't work for me. I had to install HTC Sync and just exit out of it when I connected my phone. Was able to unlock and root after that. Just posting this info for others.

jimothy508

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I believe I've followed the directions completely but after the final reboot i keep getting stuck at "Android is upgrading... Starting apps." I've tried repeating steps 4.5 to 4.13 to the get the same result. I guessed that gapps was the issue so I tried a few different gapps and again got the same result.

The cm 10 build I used was cm-10-20121028-UNOFFICIAL-primoc. Gapps tried: gapps-jb-20121212-signed, gapps-jb-20120726-signed, gapps-jb-20121011-signed. The boot img I used was pulled from the Jmz_Stock_Deodex files found here: Directory listing of http://androidfiles.org/uploads/PrimoC/Stock_Roms

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone have a link to the most recent stable cm10 build they've been able to use, as well as the gapps and boot img they used? I'd also settle for the files needed to return my unit back to stock. Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I recommend not doing cm10 anymore. Lots of development is going on, and the focus is not so much to get everything working alright, but to get everything to build correctly (This means the developers do not want to port anything. They want to get official status for cm10.) The best 4.1 rom that I've used, and I currently use is called PACman. It is a combination of Paranoid Android, AOKP and CM10. It's a port from the htc desire hd, and it has everything working properly except for hotspot (usb tether does work though!). I don't know if there's a working fix for hotspot but I'm gonna check. I'm about to update the OP to reference PACman instead.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Whats up guys. Quick question. Does the all in one utillity work to root this. Just bought it earlier today and found a link. I'm not sure if it will work with the current "newer"
version of the phone that I have. Any idea?

dobbs69

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Whats up guys. Quick question. Does the all in one utillity work to root this. Just bought it earlier today and found a link. I'm not sure if it will work with the current "newer"
version of the phone that I have. Any idea?

I believe that if your phone came with the updated radio that you will have to use ruu for your phone to downgrade to the 1.00521 radio. Also, depends if you are cdma or gsm phone. You must use the correct ruu for either the cdma or gsm version. This post over at xda will help you once you get your ruu,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=27288357

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 2

fifamm96

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

I'm kinda screwed. i got to step 11 in part 4 and then my phone just gets stuck at the screen that says HTC Quietly Brilliant this build is for development purposes only.... i turned it off and put it into hboot again. however, i can't get it to go into recovery or factory reset it. when i start hboot it goes through this SD CHECKING and it says no image. so i've got no idea what to do now. my phone is pretty much useless at the moment.

yamugushi

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys I've got a bit of a problem, I've followed the instructions as best I could and it installed OK. However when I boot up it keeps restarting after a few seconds. What did I do wrong?

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

I'm kinda screwed. i got to step 11 in part 4 and then my phone just gets stuck at the screen that says HTC Quietly Brilliant this build is for development purposes only.... i turned it off and put it into hboot again. however, i can't get it to go into recovery or factory reset it. when i start hboot it goes through this SD CHECKING and it says no image. so i've got no idea what to do now. my phone is pretty much useless at the moment.

You need to fastboot flash a custom recovery then. If you don't have one on your sdcard, you need to put one on your sdcard.

Hey guys I've got a bit of a problem, I've followed the instructions as best I could and it installed OK. However when I boot up it keeps restarting after a few seconds. What did I do wrong?

It sounds like you have the updated radio. This update has created problems for people and the only way to fix it is to install a previous RUU, as the guy above said. This will take some work. Do a LOT of reading before you do anything. Xda has a lot of information on how to fix it by flashing an ruu. I don't know how to do it, as I've never had to do it. :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2