Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!
05-12-2014 05:21 PM
- 12-19-2012 11:34 AM
- Additionally with the recovery, the file is now located here: Directory listing of http://androidfiles.org/uploads/PrimoC/Recoveries
I also found at first CWM won't let you select anything, but if you scroll through the menu once or twice, it then allows selection of menu items. I've read that this is normal for CWM.12-19-2012 11:58 AM
- I believe I've followed the directions completely but after the final reboot i keep getting stuck at "Android is upgrading... Starting apps." I've tried repeating steps 4.5 to 4.13 to the get the same result. I guessed that gapps was the issue so I tried a few different gapps and again got the same result.
The cm 10 build I used was cm-10-20121028-UNOFFICIAL-primoc. Gapps tried: gapps-jb-20121212-signed, gapps-jb-20120726-signed, gapps-jb-20121011-signed. The boot img I used was pulled from the Jmz_Stock_Deodex files found here: Directory listing of http://androidfiles.org/uploads/PrimoC/Stock_Roms
Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Anyone have a link to the most recent stable cm10 build they've been able to use, as well as the gapps and boot img they used? I'd also settle for the files needed to return my unit back to stock. Any help with the issue would be greatly appreciated.12-19-2012 04:51 PM
- I recommend not doing cm10 anymore. Lots of development is going on, and the focus is not so much to get everything working alright, but to get everything to build correctly (This means the developers do not want to port anything. They want to get official status for cm10.) The best 4.1 rom that I've used, and I currently use is called PACman. It is a combination of Paranoid Android, AOKP and CM10. It's a port from the htc desire hd, and it has everything working properly except for hotspot (usb tether does work though!). I don't know if there's a working fix for hotspot but I'm gonna check. I'm about to update the OP to reference PACman instead.12-22-2012 09:16 PM
Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 212-24-2012 03:10 AM
- I'm kinda screwed. i got to step 11 in part 4 and then my phone just gets stuck at the screen that says HTC Quietly Brilliant this build is for development purposes only.... i turned it off and put it into hboot again. however, i can't get it to go into recovery or factory reset it. when i start hboot it goes through this SD CHECKING and it says no image. so i've got no idea what to do now. my phone is pretty much useless at the moment.12-25-2012 04:39 PM
- I'm kinda screwed. i got to step 11 in part 4 and then my phone just gets stuck at the screen that says HTC Quietly Brilliant this build is for development purposes only.... i turned it off and put it into hboot again. however, i can't get it to go into recovery or factory reset it. when i start hboot it goes through this SD CHECKING and it says no image. so i've got no idea what to do now. my phone is pretty much useless at the moment.12-25-2012 10:13 PM
- I flashed a custom recovery and chose PACman mod to install from sd card. when i install it, it says "assert failed: get prop("roproduct.device") = = " primoc" I I get prop ("ro.build.product") = = primoc"
E: error in /sdcard/Pacman.zip
what can i do next? i also tried paranoid android, and that gets stuck at the boot screen, it goes past the HTC Quietly Brilliant ... but not the paranoid android screen. any option to what i can try next?12-26-2012 03:10 AM
Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 212-26-2012 02:33 PM
Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 212-27-2012 04:26 AM
- Just a shout in the dark, but over at android forums they realized that there is two different radios for the cdma version. The newest update that it's suppose to fix the battery calibration also had a radio update in it that it's causing boot loops when ever you try a custom Rom. If you just got your phone ity may have the newer radio on it. Someone said they flashed the ruu (which had the old radio) and then went through the whole unlock, root, and custom recovery routine and solved problem. The old radio has 521...
The new radio has 987.. or something like that.
Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk 212-27-2012 09:36 AM
- Okay... battled through everything... successfully got the rom installed, as well as gapps. (Had issues finding a cwm recovery version that would work with the htc one - power button wouldn't work right, but that was it.)
So everything should be good...
...well, almost. It hangs at the pacman loading screen. So close!
I'm at a loss at this point. Does anyone have any ideas??
EDIT: I realized my mistake! I did all the cache wiping, but did not format /system. Did that, re-installed, all is good.
I mean, sure, it turns out I had the wrong radio version... and so I had to do that fix... but yeah, it's good now.
EDIT 2: I will add one more bit of wisdom: Do not go through with all of this until AFTER you have activated your phone! I thought I could get everything rom-wise all nice and set before activating, but during the pacman installation, the handset got some crazy idea of which phone number it was, and it wouldn't activate or allow me to edit the MEID. Just so you know!12-28-2012 03:46 PM
Unlocking the bootloader allows the installation of custom recoveries.12-30-2012 01:29 PM
- Use directions from http://www.androidauthority.com/one-...0-cm10-108905/ but just use the files on this page for pacman.01-01-2013 05:12 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC One Series
- HTC One V
Unlock/Root/Rom One V + PACman Jelly Bean!
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD